Chapter 15 - Headlines

"Oh my god." You called Shota immediately. "Shota."

"Yes? What is it?" He sat up hearing the tone of your voice.

"You need to come over now... if you're not busy."

"Okay. Okay, I'll be there in 5 minutes. Is something wrong?"

"I'll explain everything when you get here."

"Okay. Bye."

"Bye." You paced back and forth in the living room of the apartment you and Shota now shared. You had moved in together the day he proposed, but that isn't important. What was important was what was in your hand. You were holding a rolled up gossip magazine that YOU were on the cover of. As soon as Shota arrived, you said nothing and gave him the magazine.

"I saw it at the supermarket." In giant bold letters it read, "PRO HERO PRESENT MIC ENGAGED?" "PRO HERO, BUSINESSMAN, DJ, TEACHER, RADIO SHOW & PODCAST HOST, PRESENT MIC CAUGHT IN A WEDDING BOUTIQUE" "WOMAN SPOTTED WITH PRESENT MIC WEARING ENGAGEMENT RING!"

Shota sighed.

"When did this happen?"

"Two days ago when we were planning the wedding. You fell asleep, but I wanted to look at dresses. Hizashi came with me. I didn't think it would turn into... into this." You said gesturing at the magazine.

"People recognized me in the subway you know. They were taking pictures of me and someone said something incredibly lewd. I had to get off two stops early and I took a taxi home."

"They didn't hurt you at all?" Shota said worriedly.

"No. I'm fine. I just hope no one followed me home." Shota rolled his eyes.

"This is why I hate people."

"It's okay. I'm sure this will all die down."

Two days passed and it had not.

You and Shota had even asked Hizashi to deny the rumors and tell the truth on his podcast and radio show. He complied with your request, but this only fanned the flames. It also got five times worse when someone photographed Shota going into your apartment.

"ERASERHEAD STEALS PRESENT MIC'S WOMAN?" "THREESOME BETWEEN TWO PRO HEROES AND DISTINGUISHED ACADEMIC?" "ERASERHEAD = HOMEWRECKER?" "PRESENT MIC HEARTBROKEN" "PRO HERO'S BEST FRIEND STEALS FIANCE"

It had been about two weeks of this and frankly, you and Shota were over with the rumors. People would follow you to work and Shota's students kept pestering him about it.

A student raised her hand in class one day.

"Yes?"

"Is it true Mr. Aizawa? Are you engaged?" He turned around to face the board so his students didn't see him roll his eyes.

"Yes I am." He sat down at his desk as another student raised his hand.

"Was Y/n previously engaged to Yamada sensei before you?" He clenched his hand into a fist below the table.

"No she was not. And the next person who asks something related to her or my personal life will go straight to Principal Nezu." That managed to silence the class.

It wasn't easy for you at work either. Everyone who visited or came in wanted to talk about the rumors and the scandal. Even people from important organizations like the Cancer Society would come in your office and talk about the rumors. They seemed to be more interested in the tabloids than actual work. Soon, even your secretary Sakiko only wanted to talk about Shota and Hizashi.

"Girl I thought you had a huge crush on Present Mic."

"I did Sakiko. But not anymore. I'm happily engaged to-"

"Do you want my personal opinion?" You sighed.

"Okay. Sure."

"Shota kind of looks like a hobo. Imagine being married to Present Mic. I know you have. Don't even try to deny it. Okay? Imagine."

"Okay. I'm imagining."

"You can be even more rich, you can be famous. And you can be happy with him."

"I don't want that. I want Shota." Sakiko sighed.

"I'll never understand you." You got up and gathered your things.

"I'll see you tomorrow."

"Wait! You have an appointment."

Restraining yourself you said, "Reschedule and apologize. I don't have the patience today."

'How long are we going to be in this hell?'