Chapter 9

"I'll wake him up." Julie said to me as soon as she said that Kobe is still asleep.

When I knocked at their door, Julie is the one who answered it, in her pajamas and a toothbrush at her hand.

I made my way to the living room and sat down on one of the couches.

Today is when Kobe's flight to Italy is leaving. And he's still asleep. What do I expect? (Ugh.)

I noticed that Julie is the only one who's awake. The others are nowhere to be seen.

After last night, Mia, Chester and I exchanged numbers to keep in touch. They are great people and I really want to know them better. We got home past 1 and my dad practically screamed at me as soon as I enter our home.

Dads.

Wait.

Lissa, nowhere. Mikee, out of sight. Jenny, of course she's here 'cause her sister is on here, probably sleeping. Kobe, sleeping as well.

Later on, Julie came down from the stairs and went to the living room.

"I can't wake him up." She simply said.

"Oh," was the only word I can mutter. She started to turn back and leave but I cut her off. "Julie, when does your flight leave?" I asked her.

"3 in the afternoon." She answered.

"Oh. Okay, thanks.." I said.

She nodded and went to where she was going. I waited in silence for anyone just to show up. After five long minutes, I hear footsteps coming from the stairs.

"Hey!" Jenny greeted me in her pajamas. While me, in my simple shirt and leggings.

"Hi." I replied with a smile.

"What brings you here?" She asked me.

"Well, I was going to say goodbye to Kobe." I told her.

"You won't be with us at the airport?" She asked curiously.

I shook my head no. "Something came." I said.

And then there he is, standing at the doorframe. Even when he has just woken up, he looks stunningly amazing. He's in his white shirt and red plaid pajamas. And his hair, his soft hair, is in a messy way that just looks absolutely gorgeous. I suddenly want to touch it.

"Hey, Cath." He sleepily said.

"Hey." I replied with a gentle smile.

I looked at Jenny and she smiled at me then went to the kitchen. Kobe approached me and kissed my cheek. He sat down beside me.

"What brings you here?" He asked.

"Well, I'm going to say goodbye to you before you go." I replied.

His eyes suddenly opened wide and his expression changed into confusion.

"You won't be at the airport?" He asked.

I shook my head. "Old Lewis is here."

"Oh. You mean your granddad?" He asked.

"Yup. And he really wants to see us. Chantel and I." I said.

"Oh."

Then silence.

"I'm sorry." I said.

He looked at me.

"Oh, no. Don't be sorry. It's okay. I understand." He said. And I know he's sincere. "I know how you love your gramps and I know you haven't seen each other for a long time. It's alright."