Chapter 4

*From now on this story is only going to be told in Spencer's pov*

We all walked into the large building and our jackets were taken by two large doormen. Phil was immeditly englfed in a hug by a girl I recognized as Catrific, assuming since everyone was supossed to bring a date that Cat was Phil's. Dan led me toward the back of the building. While Cat and Phil went to the dance floor. Jack ad Finn were there talking to Zoe and Alfie, better known as Zalfie. Once we got close enough Jack's eyes met mine and they all turned to look at us. I felt really uncomfortable like I didn't belong, but then Zoe asked in her beautiful voice, "Who is your pretty date Dan?"

Dan answered back, "Oh uh guys this is Spencer, she's a friend of mine from school." 

I waved at them awkwardly, ''Hey."

The whole time I could feel Jack staring at me. I didnt know how to react to it so I ignored it.  After we all kind of introced ourselves Jack looked at Dan and asked, "So are you two an item?"

Dan looked down at me, quickly answering, "No we're just friends."

My heart dropped dow to my stomach and I just nodded my head to his answer.

Jack smiled and cheekily asked, "So you wouldnt mind if I borrowed her for a dance?"

Jack didnt even wait for a answer he took my hand and lead me to the dance floor. I didnt really know how to react. So I didn't letting him put his hands on my hips and lead me to the music. I looked over to where Dan was but he was no longer there. I felt like Dan just didn't care like the only reason he brought me was because he wanted to be here and enjoy a party with his real friends. So I did what any girl that felt used by the person they loved, I started to actually get in to the dance with Jack. He didn't mind at all which was good. We grinded for about 2 songs. I asked Jack if  we could go sit down and he led me back to were first meet.

Dan was sitting in the corner watchin us. I couldn't tell if he was upset or just bored, but at this moment I didn't care. Jack grabbed my hand, put one hand around my waist and started whispering in my ear, the next thing I know Dan is pushing Jack off of me and yelling at him. I quickly stepped between them and yelled at Dan, "What is your problem?" 

Dan just looked at me with big brown eyes and it was like time stopped. All I could do was look at him, Jack had already taken steps back with Finn by his side, Phil and Cat had take their place behind Dan. Jack took this time to ask his own question, "C'mon mate I thought you said she wasn't yours, why do you care if I try chatting her up?"

Dan looked down at his feet and then back up at me.  "It's not that she's mine it's that I want her to be."

All I could do was stare up at him, "I love you Spencer, I have loved you since I was 17."

I froze letting every word he said sink in. After everything made sense again I ran into his arms and cried. The music was blaring and the my whole body felt like it was shutting down. I looked up at Dan. Tears streaming down my face. All my feelings rushed to the surface screaming to come out, "I love you too."

*2 weeks later*

Dan and I were moving boxes up his flats neverending stairs. Today I was moving some of my stuff into Dan and Phil's flat, I was still having to attend uni in Brighton so I couldn't actually fully move in with them yet. I would spend weekends with them and all my holidays.

We had finally confessed everything to each other. After years of hiding our feelings. It was a dream come true and there was nothing I wanted more in this world then Dan. Now I lived everyday I could wih my favorite human and his amazing best friend!!!