Chapter 8

I had all weekend to think of the incident. By the time Monday came, I had to face what happened that day. It pained me to know that Eric just abused my love like that. That scene would reoccur in my mind reminding me of the pain. It was probably my fault that I fell in love with his soft eyes and his warm nature around me. I should have known better than to let him have control of my mind. I was weak...and now, because of love, I was hurt. I wanted nothing more than to cave in and cry in the corner of my room. He treated my love as nothing but trash. Maybe he did love me, to tell you the truth, I didn't care anymore.

I never knew how it felt to fake a smile. The pain kept coming back each time you tried your best to be happy. It stabbed you in the heart because you knew you couldn't be happy. You look around you and everyone else is filled with so much happiness. Except you. But they don't know that. You don't show any signs of your pain because you don't want to bother anyone else with your troubles. But then at the same time you're pleading on your bruised knees to be saved. I hated that feeling with a passion. And the more I faked a smile the more it pained me.

Coming to school was already hard enough. All the thoughts ran in my head and I was just not myself.

"Good Morning" Charlie said smiling

"To you too" I said with slight happiness

"What's wrong?" Charlie looked into my eyes.

I didn't know what she saw when she looked into my eyes. Did she see happiness? Love? Maybe a slight chance of myself? Something in me hoped that my only best friend was able to see those things because I couldn't. But knowing her...she probably saw the lost of color in my cheeks, or the residue of tears, or worst, the sadness weighing me down.

"What's wrong..." She repeated, her smile fading away.

"Don't worry about it. I'm fine." I said smiling back at her

"Anna I don't believe-" she was interrupted by the voice of Riene.

"Charlie can I please talk to you. This is very important." She said with a look of worry.

"We're not yet done here." Charlie was able say to me as Riene pulled her wrist.

"I'm okay..." I tried to say to her but she already disappeared in the corner.

As an introverted extrovert I began to wander the crowded halls once more. I tried to limit my communications that day because I really hated the feeling of being "happy" when inside I was drowning in the broken shards of my heart. For some reason the world continued to move pass me as if I never really mattered in the first place. I was just another droplet in the rain. Once more I began to sink at the thought of that pain once more.

The whole day went by and I tried to isolate myself from the person I used to be. I didn't want to return to a person I was not and live a lie, but no matter what I believed I could not let anyone else share my pain. I tried my best to hide it. I smiled when people looked, and laughed when people made jokes but that did not seem to even bring me the tiniest bit of joy as it did before.

Charlie was occupied all day. Who could blame her. With all this drama surfacing... Charlie was always a great person to anyone. She was trust worthy and many came to her for their problems. She already had enough on her plate. "Why would I add on to her worries?" I asked myself.

All my thoughts faded away suddenly when I heard a familiar voice.

"Hey Anna can we talk?" He tapped my shoulder.