Chapter 3

Love is a crazy thing. It's like a drug, makes us loose conscience. Its strong enough to heal yet its the most painful. I didn't realize it at the time but it was wrong to be in love. I was too caught up, stuck in a daydream.

It's been weeks since I met Eric. And through everyday that's passed I guess... my love for him grows.

"You should tell him! Tell him you like him today!" Charlie said excitedly, bouncing up and down from her seat.

"No..." I replied at the ridiculous suggestion.

I looked down at a drawing of a rose that I kept in my locker. I was an artist and to be given a drawing of my favorite flower was...well...hard to believe.

"That's it! I triple dog dare you Annabel Montez Grace! " Her words shocked me.

I never back down from a dare, and this was one dare I truly regretted.

The day was almost ending. I watched as Eric and his best friend Finn and his friend John talked. The three boys have been bothering me all week. asking me for my feelings toward Eric. My heart pounded at the thought of the dare I couldn't believe what I was to do. Thanks to Charlie my train of thoughts simply disappeared. Charlie came up behind me with her wavy hair framing her face.

"Gooooooo" she whispered in my ear whilst she slightly pushed me in the direction of the boys.

I guess it was a good idea to tell him. Although it was fun to follow his little game of chase, he needed to know my feelings for him. Plus, I have reason to believe that he has feelings for him too. Looking back at the moment I felt kind of childish and foolish to think what I thought.

My heart raced as a "accidentally" bumped into Eric with my shoulder. It took me a few seconds to get myself together. Our eyes met and he held me.
I looked down and said under my breath in those few seconds.

"I have a crush on you..."

I broke from his embrace and headed for the door to leave the school. I ran out...never looking back. I walked down the staircase and slowed down my pace. I looked up at the sky smiling as a snowflake kissed my face.

Life was beautiful...