5. Tips for perfect winter skin

Cold weather can dry out your skin. Even people with oily skin can experience dryness during the winter. Here are some ways to avoid dryness and stay moisturised to prevent flakey skin this winter.

1. Stay hydrated
Drink plenty of water. The cold weather may not make you feel thirsty, but your skin still needs to be hydrated just as much as in the summer.

2. Moisturise with SPF
Very strong and damaging UVA and UVB rays still affect our skin during the winter even though we can't feel the warmth of the sun.

3. Use oil based moisturisers
Water based moisturisers don't keep skin moist for as long as oil based moisturisers. Choose one with vitamins C and E.

4. Avoid hot water
The winter weather may make you crave a hot shower but too much hot water can dry out your skin.

5. Wear gloves
Prevent your skin from cracking by keeping your hands safe from the cold dry air.

6. Wear lip balm
Protect your lips from dry air and sun by wearing a lip balm with SPF. Try exfoliate every two weeks.

7. Humidify
For those of you who suffer from itchy, dry skin in the winter, a humidifier is a great investment as it will add significant moisture to the air.

8. Exfoliate
At least twice a week exfoliate your skin to get rid of dry built up skin. Create your own body scrub with lemon, olive oil and sea salt.

9. Go natural
100 percent natural products will leave your skin soft and smelling good. Try using coconut oil, honey and aloe Vera to soften your skin.

10. Avoid acne treatments
Acne treatments and medications are very drying for the skin. Try and avoid them as much as possible.

-~ there are no ugly women in the world, just lazy ones-
~Coco Chanel~