Chapter One

A boy walked through the halls towards the elevator that went up to the boss's office. Armed guards lined the walls in case of an attack, but as the boy paid them no attention, they paid him no attention. Entering the elevator, he waited for it to eventually reach the highest level on the center tower. Despite the fact that he was in a mafia, this boy enjoyed his life. He lived with another person his age, and they split the rent. The neighbors just assumed the two fifteen-year-olds parents were out of town.

Even though Yokohama was sealed away from the rest of the world didn't mean the citizens weren't allowed to leave. They could, but nobody from the outside was allowed in. Very few ever left. The outside world was full of crime, while in Yokohama, they didn't have to worry about anything. They could go along with their daily lives without fear of being attacked. Minor crimes still happened, but they had their police force to handle them. If somebody was killed, the police force, if it was a case that needed an ability, a detective agency was called.

As the elevator let out a light ding, the boy walked out of the elevator into another hallway with a door at the end, two guards standing on either side. Noticing the boy, they stepped aside and let him into the room. Golden light from the rising sun entered the room from the wall full of windows, and at the far end of the room sat two men. One had bandages wrapped all around his body, most covered by his clothes. His distraught brown hair laid flat but yet still held volume. Next to him, the man was much more petite and had orange locks that fell over his left shoulder. The most noticeable thing about the two of them, though, were the red handcuffs on their hands. There wasn't a chain, though, only the actual part that went around one's wrist.

As the boy reached the men, he kneeled down, bowing his head towards his boss and his first executive.

"You can stand Kai-Kun." The bandaged man told the petite blue-haired boy. Kai stood up and faced the man, waiting for directions. "You will be meeting up with two people from the Armed Detective Agency to bring the guests into Yokohama. Afterwards, you will stay and keep tabs on them. The Agency is informed of this but still do not know why you will be there." The man told Kai, who gave a curt not.

"Anything else, Dazai-San?" Kai responded to his boss.

"Nope!"Dazai said with a grin before letting it fall into a more serious face again, "keep tabs and don't let them find out. Chuuya will bring you to the meeting spot." Dazai continued. The orange hair man stepped forward and began to walk out of the room with Kai. Together, Chuuya and Kai made their way towards the garage where Chuuya's motorcycle was kept.

Chuuya sat on the front of the bike, and Kai climbed on behind him, making sure he had a good grip so he wouldn't fall off. As the two drove through the city's streets, passing naive civilians and up to the mountains. At the stopping point, Kai hopped off the Chuuya reminded him one more time on what he needed to do before disappearing from view. After a while, a bus rolled up with two people on the inside. A boy who was around eighteen with orange hair sat in the driver's seat; his hat pulled down to cover his face. In the seat directly behind the door was a man with dirty-blond hair writing in a book that had the kanji for the ideal on the cover. Just the people he was waiting for.

Hopping onto the bus and sitting behind the diver, the three drove out of Yokohama towards the outside world to pick up some kids that didn't know any better. Entering the busy city full of people with animal parts, multicolor skin, and other odd traits, the boy driving covered the three of them with his ability until the two in the seats were invisible, and he seemed to be a man in his forties. Entering the school parking area, they just had to wait for the students to come. A few were already there, but more were soon to arrive. The driver stepped out and gave a few directions to the students, and helped them with their luggage before they all piled onto the bus again.

The two front seats appeared to be empty to everybody else when in reality, the two others were hidden in those seats. The kids chatted a bit as they exited the city when more and more started to fall asleep. The teachers just thought the kids were sleepy until they, too, succumbed to sleep due to the gas that had filled the bus.

The driven let his ability disperse, revealing the three of them in gas masks they brought with them for this very reason. As they drove through the tunnel into the walled-off city, the raven-haired teacher began to stir. Realizing the three "new" additions to their group, he immediately stood up, grabbing onto the weapon-type structure around his neck.

"We aren't your enemy. We are with the agency you will be staying with." The man with the book told the noirette without turning around. The man slowly let go of his weapon but still stayed tense.

"Don't fret about your little students. It was just knockout gas so you wouldn't see the entrance to Yokohama." The boy said, drawing the man's attention to the kid behind the driver. Blue hair framed his face with a wavy texture across his short hair-a long black coat with a dark grey lining laid across his shoulders like a cape. On the wrists of the coat, there were two-inch-thick bright blue stripes. Underneath the coat was a light blue dress shirt with a grey-ish blue vest over it. A leather bolo tie and a leather choker were also apart of his upper half. For pants, he dad plain dress pants, and black shoes. One of the most notable things, though, were the bandages wrapping his hands completely, and what they could see his arms and neck as well.

At the sight of the young boy's arms and hands, the hero began to become less tense but more worried. Why did a boy, who looked around the same age as his students, have bandages wrapped all around his body? Getting pulled out of his train of thought at the sound of his students and fellow teachers waking up. They noticed the new additions as well, but seeing as their colleague, or teacher in the students' case, wasn't attacking, they began to put the dots together.

With everything going on, they didn't realize they had made it until they pulled up to an office building.