dance (part 10)

jakeis in the tub getting washed up for the big night with zander. milly is there with him. (so not wierd but he's a beast so i guess it ok)

milly: Tonight is the night!

jake: *hesitantly* I'm not sure I can do this.

mil: You don't have time to be timid. You must be bold, daring.

jake: Bold. Daring! *jake has emerged from the tub and shakes himself dry*

mil: There will be music. Romantic candlelight, provided myself, and when the time is right, you confess your love.

jake: *Inspired* Yes, I con-- I-I-- No, I can't.

milly: You care for the boy, don't you?

jake: More than anything!

milly: Well then, you must tell him!

The coatrack has been cutting jake's hair. It finishes and steps back

mil:  Voila. You look so...so...

Cut to shot of jake in pig-tails and bows

jake: Stupid.

mil: Not quite the word I was looking for. Perhaps a little more off the top.

The coatrack begins to cut and chop again. daisy enters.

dais: Ahem ahem ahem. Your man awaits. Hoo hoo hoo.

Cut to grand staircase, where zander descends from the West Wing side in a glittering gold tux with black belt and red roses on it . he reaches the landing and looks up at jake, who is standing at the top of the stairs in his best clothes. He is nudged on by mil from behind the curtain, and he descends and meets zander at the landing. Arm in arm, they descend the last section of stairs and continue on their way to dinner, stopped momentarily by the footstool. hailey sings from her cart with sean on board.

hail: ♪Tale as old as time. True as it can be. Barely even friends, then somebody bends unexpectedly. Just a little change. Small to say the least. Both a little scared, neither one prepared, beauty and the beast.♪

zander and jake have moved into the ballroom, where they move through a computer perfect dance sequence. jake occasionally looks over at milly and daisy for their approval. hailey and sean are in the ballroom on their cart.

hail: ♪Ever just the same. Ever a surprise. Ever as before, ever just as sure, as the sun will rise. Tale as old as time. Tune as old as song. Bittersweet and strange, finding you can change, learning you were wrong. Certain as the sun. Rising in the east. Tale as old as time, song as old as rhyme, beauty and the beast. Tale as old as time, song as old as rhyme, beauty and the beast.♪ 

hailey(again): Off to the cupboard with you now, sean. It's past your bedtime. Good night, love. 

sean: aww mom

hail: come on

sean: ok mama

sean slides off the end of the cart, and hops out of the room, but comes back for one last look. zander and jake have adjourned to the balcony under a starry night. (i will make luke talk more)

jake: zander? Are you happy here with me?

zan: *hesitantly* Yes. *looks off into the distance*