3C - OLD WARRIORS

Chief Commader Lord Jock watched the arrival of Lord Eric's army with great interest, noting its strength, supply and artillery.

Approaching from the south, they set camp about half kilometer away from the entrance to Red Cliff.

As they settled down, they set up camp fires that brightened the whole canping area, with voices rumbbing through the plain as they got ready for supper.

Their loud voices and noices echoed against the cliff into the town scaring children and women folks alike.

"Messanger, send this report to King William." Lord Jock handed a scroll kept inside a metal cylinder.

The messanger took the cylinder, ran to the rally point where he tied the cylinder around a rope which was fastened onto a tree, before sliding it down the rope all the way from Red Cliff to the Rally Station down below.

......

In the meantime, Lord Eric, Lord Rudick together with their commanders were having the final briefing.

"According to our scouts, the road leading to Red Cliff are heavily guarded. Here, here and here!" Explained Lord Eric, "But don't worry. With two battle fronts to guard, I presume they only have 2 cohorts of Infantry and arches, a few century of Calvary guarding the Red Cliff.'

Lord Eric then smiled."Bring up three battery of Balistar and neutralise the entrance and once it secures, send in the infantry. At my command  ordered the calvary to ride right through their defence into the town areas. Don't worry, the defence will collapse and we will be the first to enter their town long before King Truuk  does his."

"But shall we wait for Lord Mclod before attacking?" Asked Gen. Grok while rubbing his beard.

"He will be here before dawn so he will be in time for the attack schedule at nine set by King Truuk. It will be a double prongs attacks!" Lord Eric explaining pointing at map laid on the table. "But even he is late, your daredevil cutthroats will compensite him!"

Laughters filled Lord Eric's Battle camp.

..............

Unknown to Lord Eric, his friend Lord Mclod had a uneasy moment waiting for his 2 cohorts of calvary.

"It is midnite already and still the calvary haven't arrived yet. I wonder what keep them?" Lord Mclod was getting impatient, Lord Eric would have his neck at the stake if he misses the battle.

"Commander Cruch! Where is that dammed messanger?" Lord Mclod shouted at his commander who were briefing his men at the royal stable.

Instead of meeting his commander, Lord Mclod was surprised to see a stranger dressed in grey cloak with hood appeared from down stairs.

"What the heck... who are you?" His face turned white seeing a single man coming towards him with drawn bluish blade sword.

Two bodyguards and five sentries that were guarding his official chamber drew their swords and stood in front of Lord Mclod.

Yet the stranger never fliched. He rushed foward swang his sword in a slashing, avading and stabbing motions. So swift and deadly was his movement that within a minute all resistance ceased.

Lord Mclod fell back in terror as he felt the hissing sound coming from the tip of the stranger's blade.

"Wh...who are yo you?... ahhh" Lord Mclod yelled in imaginary pain when he felt the tip of the stranger's sword began to cut through his thick breastplate made of brass.