A Sweetheart Epilogue

Hi sweethearts! It's been ONE YEAR since I finished and published Sweetheart Single and I've had many people wonder and speculate as to who Elle asked to dance!

So, who was the lucky special someone? Read A Sweetheart Epilogue to find out!

* * *
🎡
A Sweetheart Epilogue

I still can't believe I chopped off my hair. It's what I think every time I look in my dorm room mirror. Any mirror, really.

I have Nikki to thank for my new chocolatey brown bob cut. She said I needed to "revamp" my style. Nothing to do with blood-sucking. I have to admit, it is a nice change for springtime.

Yes, it's spring! I am loving the beautiful April days on campus, strolling around coat-free, sipping on endless iced lattes, with that light breeze in my face. Kissing on the grass like a sweet gentle breeze. And some more PG-13 weather as well. Eek!

What can I say? The haircut has changed me. Sometimes I can't believe it's been two months since the Sweetheart Single.

Sometimes (most times) I can't believe it's been two whole months with him.

Speaking of him... I'm late! My old alarm clock reads 5:07 PM.

I pull on a flowy long sleeve top (something with a floral print), slip into my open-toed booties (okay, they're Nikki's), and grab my phone from the bedside desk. Once again, Tasha is nowhere to be seen.

Campus is abuzz with the Spring Carnival. For more reasons than one. Yes, classes were cut short at mid-day. But also, many thanks to the memorable performance at the Sweetheart Single Valentine's Dance, a certain someone is back from across a certain pond with a certain Gilded Rage.

Encore baby.

My heart skips a beat (or maybe several) just thinking about seeing Harry. Ah!

Now the carnival is finally here! It's all I hear walking through the hallway, down to the common room, past Darren by the vending machines, and out into the sunny courtyard.

Nikki and Chloe are already waiting for me by the fountain, hands on their hips.

"You're late girl!" Nikki tries to scold me, but it just comes across as cute.

"I know. I know. Had to finish reading my chapter," I smirk. "You can never stop mid-chapter."

"Come on! Who can read at a time like this?" Nikki sighs, overly dramatic.

"Me?" I laugh. "Would you feel any better if I said I was deciding which cute top to wear?"

"Yes. For that, I could forgive you." Nikki rolls her eyes while applying a tenth layer of gloss to her lips.

"I for one don't know how you can even concentrate reading. They've been setting up the rides all day. The merry-go-round music is already stuck on a loop in my mind," Chloe says.

"Nice pun," I smirk at Chloe. There's not much I appreciate more than some good wordplay.

"Okay. Are we ready? The mall is already crowding, and I don't want to wait in line at the good rides." Nikki turns to the sprawling lawn behind us.

Usually a green field, it's now dotted with white tents and mismatched game booths and colorful pop-up rides. Luminescent bulb lights crisscross over the entryway.

Nikki is right. It's already packed with students and guests alike.

The Ferris Wheel looms over the entire fairground like some magnificent Queen guarding over her kingdom. Its dainty neon carts are visible from here and I feel a butterfly in my stomach.