Ch 6

"Moms"

Isaac announced walking into the freshly cleaned bedroom.

"We gotta problem" he scratched the back of his head with an innocent smile.

Normani groans falling back on the end of the bed.

"What what is it now?" I ask giving him a harsh glare.

"Okay everybody needs to check their attitudes I'll walk out and try again."
He turns on his feet and waits for a few moments before re-entering the room.

I swallow loudly Isaac always tries extra hard to be funny when he's nervous.

"King, what's wrong?" I question.

"Come here momma I can't talk in front of "them they're mean" he invited me closer.

I walk to the door frame allowing him to whisper to me.

"Oh hell no, you said you didn't have a favorite mom" Dinah interrupts.

"Noooo I don't Ma stop"
He laughed.

"Since when can't you talk to me?"
Mani questioned furrowing her eyebrows.

"Shut up"
I quiet them allowing my son to speak with me.

"So you know how some days ago she was on Tv?" He asks with a voice crack.

I nod not understanding where he was going with this.

"She talked to her aunt and uncle and they" kinda think we're vacationing in a beach house in Vegas and want to have Dinner "Thursday"
He said nervously.

I blink slowly.
"And you knew for howwwww long?" I question clenching my jaw.

"No you can't get mad or else you won't be the cool mom anymore" he smiled nervously.

"Issac I'm your mother before I'm anything else I protect you, I could give a fuck about if you think we're friends or not"
I say angrily.

His face falls, and his body language shifts too uncomfortable.

"No no no no I'm not mad at you"
I hug him tightly.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to sound so stern"
I assure giving him a pat on the back.

"You understand that it's okay to see me as a friend and as an authoritative figure?" I question.

"Yea, it's okay I get it we always communicate"
He smiled fist bumping me.

"I just didn't want to stress you, with"everything going on"

"No I get it, I just kinda dropped 15k on tickets across the country when I could've sent your sisters and your brother and been sitting pretty on a beach right now you feel me?" I question.

"I could I could pay you back, wait are we broke?" He asked loudly.

Dinah laughed loudly from the bed.
"You'll never have to worry about that"
She says.