chapter 218

After crying for more than twenty minutes, Milan started feeling much better and had recovered a bit of the smile that Vahn remembered from the past. Tina had noticed it as well, so she had a happy expression with tears stains on her face as Vahn affectionately stroked the hair and ears of both girls. They spent the rest of the dinner in relative silence and just enjoying the fresher atmosphere as Syr politely served them while Hestia sat across from everyone on her own booth. Vahn was moderately concerned about her, but when he made eye contact with Hestia she just smiled and shook her head in an almost unnoticeable fashion as if to indicate that he shouldn't mind her.

Once dinner ended, Syr told Milan and Tina that Mama Mia had given them the rest of the night off and that they should relax in their room. After sharing an embrace with Vahn, the two made their way to their room with an added stability to their auras that made Vahn feel relieved. Milan had promised to join the Familia when things had settled down and Vahn was looking forward to the day when their smiles would return permanently.

Turning to Syr, Vahn showed a moderately more affectionate smile than usual and said, "Thanks Syr, you're always helping me out." His words made her chuckle slightly as she squinted her eyes and said, "I wasn't just helping you, Vahn, I felt bad about their situation and wanted to do what I could to protect them. If you want to give me more credit though, I don't mind receiving your affections more often~."

Hestia frowned at her words but didn't interfere even when Vahn gave Syr a short embrace. They didn't kiss or do anything more intimate, but it was one of the few times when the two shared a hug and it brought a happy smile to Syr's face. Her light-grey eyes seemed to glow a bit and Vahn resisted the strange feeling instinctively before giving her a peck on the forehead and separating. She touched the slightly damp area and had a rosy blush on her face as she stared at Vahn for a while before returning to her duties.

When she left, Vahn watched her back with a thoughtful expression on his face before Hestia interrupted him by saying, "I want you to tell me more about your relationships...I think my understanding of things is somewhat lacking." Hestia had thought that there were several girls just trying to take advantage of Vahn's kindness and was only now realizing there was much more to the situation than she initially realized.

Vahn turned to look at Hestia and saw an uncharacteristically serious expression and a bit of concern in her crystalline blue eyes. Considering her request, Vahn nodded his head and promised to explain things in detail when they returned home. Afterward, the two made their way through the relatively cool night air which seemed to grow colder by the day. Vahn could even see his breath a little as they made their way toward the Hearth Manor at a leisurely pace while a silence hung between them. He noticed Hestia seemed to be in deep contemplation as he led her by hand through the familiar back roads.

After a few minutes, perhaps due to her absentmindedness, Hestia tripped over a loose stone and nearly fell down before Vahn caught her by the shoulder. She grimaced slightly and Vahn saw for the first time that she had a slight cut on her feet and released a strangely relieved sigh. Before she asked, Vahn leaned down and said, "Get on, I'll carry you the rest of the way." Hestia had been on the verge of tears after the incident but immediately cheered up as she climbed onto Vahn's back without any hesitation.

Vahn couldn't help but marvel at how soft her breasts were once again when she hugged his neck tightly and pressed them against his back. Supporting her legs with his palms, Vahn stood up and started carrying the silently laughing Hestia along the path. After a while, she whispered into his ear softly, "You really are too gentle..." Her arms tightened slightly around his neck and Vahn could feel the softness on his back press firmly against him.

Hestia continued her words, "I can understand it, how all of those girls are reliant on you. You treat them well and can't ignore when they are unhappy...I even heard you've saved several of them from terrible tragedies. I want to know their stories and how you found your way into their lives...Tell me everything, okay?"