chapter 210

Vahn stared at the notification for a while and could feel a warmth spreading from his chest when he imagined the scene of him and Chloe back in the real world. Even now, though he was a spiritual body, Vahn realized he could feel the connection between them if he focused his mind. Since he had a 'bond' with those that loved him, Vahn was able to sense their feelings if he put in enough effort. Even though almost no time was passing at all for his physical body, Vahn could still feel the warmth shared by their connection.

After recovering from his reverie, Vahn went about the remainder of his final day within the orb in a pleasant mood. When Eva had seen the way he was acting and asked about it, Vahn avoided the topic by explaining it was something he couldn't talk about while hugging her body from behind. Though she wanted to press him for answers, she too also felt secure in Vahn's arms and just allowed him to hold her without complaint. Vahn always treated her well, but it wasn't often he acted in such a proactive and caring manner so she wanted to enjoy the experience.

They spent the rest of the time within the space together until Vahn finally returned to the real world and once again felt the natural warmth coming from Chloe's back. It was very similar to the sensations he had felt in the black space when he used her [Hearts Desire] previously. Not only could he feel the pleasant feelings coming from her body, but Vahn could also subtly feel the way Chloe currently felt. He remembered the feeling of security she had within the dream, so Vahn hugged her closely until he finally fell asleep a few minutes later.

Because they had gone to bed so late, Vahn and Chloe ended up sleeping in until around noon when he was awakened by Chloe's movements. At first, because he had been holding her from behind, Vahn could only see the back of her head and had been enjoying the subtle fragrance of her hair. When she woke up though, Chloe turned around in his arms and faced toward him before hugging his body. Vahn could see her green eyes almost glowing as a happy and contented smile appeared on her face.

Before she said anything, Vahn leaned forward slightly and gave her a short peck on the lips before smiling and saying, "Good morning, Chloe..." His actions caused her to laugh playfully before she repeated his actions on her own initiative. The kiss she gave him was markedly more passionate however and it seemed like things were beginning to progress into a strange direction when she leaned into his body with enough force to be resting on top of his chest.

Though she didn't mount his stomach, which seemed to be common from Vahn's experience, she still leaned against his body with hers and Vahn could feel the springy and soft sensation of her breasts pressing into his bare chest. The situation was a bit awkward though since Vahn's right hand was pinned under her body and it felt weird to reach around with his left hand because he would only reach parts of her body from his current position.

After a minute or so had passed, Vahn decided to free his right hand and reach it around Chloe's body before trying to hug her close to him. Her reaction was to stop resisting entirely so, instead of being held directly against him, Chloe actually rolled onto her side before turning belly-up while laying across Vahn's stomach. She immediately started laughing and Vahn wasn't sure how to react to the strange maneuver for a few seconds until he finally decided to stroke the line of Chloe's navel with his palm.

She seemed to enjoy his caress as she held her hand on top of his and stared into his face with a happy and somewhat enamored expression as she said, "Good morning, Vahn...nya~." Vahn smiled in response before helping to lift her body with his left hand to pull her in for another short kiss. This time, she mounted his body properly and they locked eyes briefly before Chloe began stroking the bite mark that had been permanently embedded into his shoulder.

Vahn was watching her actions while hugging her body around the waist. He had a somewhat mischevious smile on his face as he gently stroked her tail with his index finger. Though it wasn't as intense a reaction as the previous night, Chloe's eyes squinted slightly as her tail twitched with each of Vahn's movements. Just as it looked like Chloe was about to say something to egg him on, Vahn smiled and asked, "Do you work today?'