chapter 227

Since he still wanted to perform a few tests with Fenrir, Eva ended up sticking to Vahn's back while he wasn't wearing a shirt and draining his blood while he conversed with Fenrir. Since she seemed interested in it, Vahn had to explain that Eva was allowed to suck his blood because she was a vampire. Other than that, Vahn discovered that Fenrir liked any food as long as it was 'hard' to chew. Other than bland things, she didn't seem to have a preference for anything else. Vahn had given her everything from metal ingots to pastries and she ate them all the same. If anything, her favorite 'foods' were adamantine and [Enkidu].

As time was approaching for them to exit the orb, Vahn stroked Fenrir's hair while she was nibbling on [Enkidu] intently. He asked in a soft tone, "Do you want to leave this place with me?" Since he was afraid she would resist returning to the magic core, Vahn wanted to get her to agree to leave before he brought it up. Hearing his words, Fenrir looked into his eyes with the spearhead of [Enkidu] in her mouth and remained silent for several seconds before nodding her head.

Vahn rubbed the edges of her ears with his thumbs and said, "That's good, but you'll have to return to your core if you want to be able to leave." His words made her frown deeply and Vahn could see a glow begin to rise from the interior of her scarlet eyes. Vahn whispered in a gentle, coaxing, tone, "It won't be for long, and I'll take you to a place where you can play and eat as much as you want." In response to his words, Fenrir thumped her tail once before trying to bite through [Enkidu] with maximum effort before finally letting it go. After she dropped it to the ground, she said, "Fenrir play, eat food, go now."

After praising her a bit, Vahn returned [Fenrir] to her core which had turned the same midnight blue as her hair. There was a gentle azure light glowing in the core intermixed with a bit of scarlet. When she turned back into a magic core, the tunic and panties he had purchased for her fell onto the ground. Vahn picked them up and noticed they were still a bit warm as he threw them into his inventory. Once she was away, Vahn tended to Eva for the remaining duration of time within the orb before returning to the real world.

Hestia was still using his body as a bed and Vahn stroked her hair a bit before rolling her off his body. Before she was able to cling to him again, Vahn dodged to the side before crawling out of bed. Seemingly dissatisfied, Hestia had a frown on her face as her brows furrowed but she didn't wake up. She fumbled around with her arms as if she was looking for something and Vahn felt a little guilty for a moment before shaking his head and whispering, "I'll be back soon, Hestia..."

Before he left, Vahn left a note on the table, door, wall, and the edge of the bed, just in case Hestia panicked when she woke up. Since he was worried she would overreact if she couldn't find him, Vahn left a proper explanation since he didn't want her to cause a scene and involve everyone else in the matter. On the table next to the bed, he even left a fresh breakfast for her and covered it with a silver top to preserve the heat.

After leaving the Manor, Vahn hung up their emblem and firmly fixed it into the hard surface of the gate. Since he had a lot of knowledge in regards to formations and knew the key to the current security of the manor, it wasn't a difficult matter for him to include the emblem into the network. Even if someone did manage to try and steal it, it had the [Durandal] attribute as well as buckler purchased from the system as the base. The moment anyone tried to touch it, it would break free from their grasp and potentially injure them if they kept trying.

Satisfied, Vahn transformed into his Baihu form before making his way toward Babel Tower. Fortunately, their Manor was actually very close to the City center, so Vahn was able to make the trip in only seven minutes. Stepping into the first floor of Babel, Vahn had a small smile on his face because it felt like it had been a long time since he entered the dungeon last. After registering in the logbook, Vahn went into the dungeon and made his way down to the fifth floor before deciding it was far enough.