Chapter Two > G O L D E N

The tall blond with a stern gaze spoke first.

"Drop your weapons."

Feeling silly, I lay my work uniform on the floor.

"State your name and position."

"Caspian Vaskree Alcantire, Emerald City Docking Bay inspection manager" I answer. "Don't you guys remember me? I went to school with you."

The squad shares confused looks. The small, poofy-haired one spoke next. "You are Yolronian."

"Yes"

Then the Bektraskan, "oh you stole my favorite screwdriver"

"I also stole your box of tiny screws." I remember

He was the first to lower his disruptor. "Uh sir, take a look at her badge."

My badge...? Oh, my Ace badge.

The blond lowers his weapon, peering at me. "Ace, huh?"

Then the redhead spoke, dropping her disruptor as she did, "oh I remember you, you gave Cat a bloody nose after the pilot stream exam results came in."

I forgot about that...

"Not exactly my proudest moment,"

The blond spoke again "Lower your weapons, the rest of you. I believe she is harmless." The rest of them follow what I assumed were their alphas order. "Why are you on our ship?"

I glanced around nervously "I was taking a shower"

The Bektraskan laughs, seeming to find this extremely amusing. "Wait, You were taking a shower?"

"Um, well, yes."

"In our ship?"

"...Yeah"

The redhead started laughing with the Bektraskan.

"Legionnaires, contain yourselves." The blond orders. "I am Alpha Tyler Jones, and this is squad 312."

"Cool, well I gotta get back to the office so-"

Tyler interrupts me. "My apologies miss Alcantire, but we cannot go back to Emerald city. In case you haven't heard, we're sort of-"

"Intergalactic criminals? Yes I know." their wide-eyed response earns a smile from me.

"Can I ask you a question, miss Alcantire?" Tyler asks.

"Be my guest."

"How good are you at flying?"

I grinned, internally debating whether to be humble or prideful. I went with the latter. "Good enough to miss one percent of the marks on my pilot stream exam. So I'd say pretty good"

"Welcome to squad 312, Legionnaire Alcantire."

I grinned, feeling my heart swell.

________

I could easily put the ship in autopilot, but I haven't had the chance to fly a vessel since the academy. Being able to sit in the pilot's chair, my chair, and running my hands over the buttons and controls was pure bliss. I felt the rest of the squad members watching me as I sat. I put the ship in autopilot and swiveled around in my chair.

"So I'm Caspian, but you can call me anything you want."

The Bektraskan looks up from his uniglass, a sarcastic smirk plastered on his face "Anything? I have a few ideas Princess."

I roll my eyes, feeling a blush warm up my nose. "Anything but that, skinnyboy." the squad's faces fell. "What? Did I say something wrong?"

Nobody spoke, suddenly finding their shoes very interesting.