The first day of school

It was finally time for Diana to take her first day of school. She was so excited she thought she could burst. Diana ran off happily to get Thomas and Lady, who were still sleeping in their rooms. Diana went to her mother's room first where she is sleeping with Simon.

"Come on mom wake up. I'm ready to go." Diana said excitedly.

"Sweetie, it's 6:00 in the morning." Lady said tired, "Let me sleep for a few more minutes.

Diana was disappointed. She was homeschooled for years. She finally got the chance to go to high school and her mother and father were so sleepy. Then she had a naughty idea. She went to her room and looked in her magic closet which is full of stuff. (wonder how she fits all of that in there it's like another dimension)

"Jump rope....Old clothes....engine wheel....Simon's comic book....so that's where I put my tooth brush, I'll wash it later....my lucky penny....nope....ripped blanket....fuzzy's treat....phew Dad's socks....when was the last time he washed them...my uncle Toby's tuba....how did that get there....(toot).....not what I was looking for....oh hey Simon's basketball....banana peel....(SPLUT).....well at least I know where my brother's pie in a jack in a box is.....(SPLUT).....seriously.... where are these pies coming from.....(SPLASH)....sigh....at least I don't have to get a bath but how did a bucket get in there....how does anything fit in there....ah here we are...my trumpet. I think I'll play my favorite theme song."

Then she played the engine roll call on her trumpet so loud that when Thomas woke up, he went up to Diana she was still playing the song.

"Diana could you quiet down? Your mom is still sleeping." Thomas asked his daughter

"Put a sock in it Dad." Diana joked

"Gladly." replied Thomas and he put one of his socks into the trumpet. "Now keep it quiet and clean up this mess while I get dressed."

"Alright."

And while Thomas got dressed, Diana put all the stuff she got out of the closet back in. Thomas came back and took Diana to his E2. Then they went through the magic buffers and were in Sodor they went to a high school. Once there Thomas dropped Diana off.

"I'll be back at the end of the day to pick you up." Thomas told his daughter, "Have fun and pay attention. I hear that your two teachers are special."

"Ok dad. See you." waved Diana and she went into the school building.
She was going to her first class when she accidentally bumped into another student. It was a boy with a brown shirt, black pants and a glove over his left hand. He seemed a nice sort of student. He reached out his hand that didn't have the glove.

"Sorry kid," the student apologized "here let me help you up."

And the kid helped Diana up. Diana was trying to hide a blush.

"I'm David." the kid introduced himself "David S. Windsor." What's your name pretty girl?"

"Um...I'm princess Diana Billinton. I'm the daughter of Thomas. Wait did you say your last name was Windsor?"

"Yeah why?"

"My mother, Lady told me stories about a man named Daniel Windsor aka diesel 10 who terrorized the island."

"Oh yeah my mother was the one who took care of me. My father is always such a no show."

"Hey look at our schedules we have the same class first."

"Well let's go."

And David and Diana went to the classroom there she saw Mr. Conductor.

"Hello class." Mr. C greeted, "I'm your teacher, Mr. C. Now to start our first lesson...."