The Ending You Deserve

Hey. This isn't a chapter, but I hope you stick around to read this. The last time I updated this story was in August 2020, and since then I've lost interest in Jegulus and the Harry Potter fandom as a whole. So yes, this story is officially discontinued. However, I didn't realize how many people would read and enjoy this fanfiction on both Wattpad and AO3. It seemed unfair to just stop and leave the readers unsatisfied not knowing if the story was ever going to continue. And I know that feeling, I've been through it myself. So, in order to somewhat make it up to all of you, the following were the planned plot points of this story following chapter 9. I hope you enjoy it.

-at the casino, while James was gambling to blend in, Regulus finds Barty and confronts him. After some convincing, Barty gives in and tells Regulus about the location of a human trafficking ring. Regulus thanks his friend and leaves.

-James convinces Regulus to let him help. The two of them sabotage the ring and free the captured civilians, but while they were running away Regulus drops his family ring. Later, Orion finds out about the sabotage, arrives at the sight of it, and finds the ring. He had suspicions that his son was planning against him, and this only confirms it. Orion tracks down Barty and tries to bribe him to his side once more. Barty, for the first time in his life, chooses the people over the money and refuses. Orion tries to kill him and he gets away, but is heavily injured.

-Orion needed his son dead, but he couldn't kill him himself. He decides to anonymously hire a group of well known hitmen called the Marauders to kill Regulus. Somehow James, aka Prongs, finds this first and decides to do it himself to save Sirius the grief. While trying to kill Regulus, Regulus realizes it's "Anthony" and reveals that he's Diana. After a deserved freakout by both of them, they calm down and reintroduce themselves using their real names.

-At some point around sabotaging the human trafficking Anthony and Diana admitted their growing feelings for each other but agreed that they couldn't do anything about it. Now with identities revealed Regulus is a bit nervous that James won't like him anymore cause he's not actually a woman. James convinces Regulus it's fine by kissing him and telling him he fell in love with the person, not the dress.

-knowing they've been backed into a corner, James and Regulus realize that the stealthy slow process Regulus has been doing won't work anymore. They need a direct confrontation with the Blacks, and they need help. They reveal the truth to the Marauders. Peter is confused, Remus is amused and concerned, and Sirius doesn't know what to think. Later, Sirius and Regulus actually talk out their feelings. They're both still mad at each other but are willing to try again and be real brothers for once. Ends with a hug and tease from Sirius about Regulus's relationship with James.

-they recruit more allies in the forms of Regulus's friends. Evan and Naricissa promise to help however they can. Not wanting to risk Marlene and Dorcas, they don't go to the Golden Snitch. Instead they go to Lucinda's shop since it's under Black protection and Orion wouldn't think to look in places his family owns. At the shop they find a very tired Lucinda nursing a very injured Barty. The two groups swap stories and start planning.

-James suggests to just sneak into Grimmauld Place and shoot Orion in the head. None of them can think of a better plan so they go with it. Regulus is also tired of having to hide and is very ready to shoot his father. The Marauders and Regulus and Evan go, Lucinda staying behind to continue helping Barty recover and Narcissa staying behind because she doesn't know how to fight and hates the sight of blood anyways. Barty tries to convince them to let him come but Regulus tells him that he already risked his life once for him and since he's injured he'll certainly die. Barty gives in and promises to stay but tells his friends they better come back or he'll kill them again.

-final confrontation. The group sneaks in and it's going well until they're caught. An entire fight breaks out, causing Sirius, Remus, Peter, and Evan staying behind and covering for Regulus and James. The four of them get their own badass moments, even Peter, who is tougher than he looks. Also at some point Remus kills Walburga for how badly she treated Sirius and Sirius nearly proposes to Remus on the spot. Regulus and James keep going and find Orion and it's a showdown. Orion tries some kind of manipulative bullshit to get Regulus to spare him but James grabs Regulus's hand and tells him for the first time he loves him. Regulus headshots his father and says to James "mischief managed" before breaking down. James hugs his boyfriend(?) and the two of them have a sweet moment together.

-epilogue. Sirius and Remus's wedding. Just an entire chapter of fluff that I wish I could provide. I'll leave the future of everyone up to interpretation but I will tell you our boys have a happy ending.

I hope this somewhat satisfies your need for a proper ending. I'm sorry I couldn't write it all out but I just don't have the motivation to complete this. On other news I am giving full permission to any of you to take this concept and do what I could not. All I ask is that you give me credit as the creator of this AU because I did make it but also because I want to see what you'll do with it. You can use these notes or you can take it to a completely different direction. I look forward to seeing what you'll do with it.

This doesn't mean I'm done with writing. Far from it. They'll be more stories, just for different fandoms. My current fixations are Critical Role and the Dream SMP, but who knows when that'll change.

Until next time,
Ada