⚠️ Chapter 6 : Ridiculously cute.

Buck understands why the 118 come to relax in this bar after work.

It's a great place.

There's a dance floor where a lot of people go wild, lit by multicolored neon lights but it's pretty dark.
And a little further away and a little higher up, a space with tables and velvet benches, where the atmosphere is warmer and the music is not so loud.

He was thrilled when Maddie sent him a message saying that they were meeting here this friday and that he was welcome. Chimney also insisted that he come. He had no reason to say no.

He arrived earlier than the rest of 118. Maddie and Athena arrived just after him but he had already ordered one drink and sat down with them to order a second one.

When the 118 arrived a little later, he was already on the dance floor and after he had shared his dancing skills with Maddie and even Athena, he shared them with someone else.

When Eddie heard that Buck was joining them at the bar, he wasn't particularly thrilled. He hadn't yet accepted the fiasco of their last discussion. Fiasco for which he was entirely responsible.

Then he thought it would be a good opportunity to apologize and get off on the right foot.

But then, when he barely settled down at the table that Maddie and Athena were already occupying with the rest of the 118 and his eyes drifted across the dance floor to find Buck dancing glued together with a girl to some catchy Spanish music, well, it kind of ruined his desire to apologize.

The fact that Buck is a great dancer didn't help either. It would be easier to hate him if he didn't feel like grabbing his goddamn hips that move so damn well.

And then Buck joined them and he greeted everyone, chatted happily with everyone. Athena complimented his dancing skills and Bobby joked that maybe he should be jealous. Karen and Hen hinted at the girl he danced with and who always watches him from the dance floor. Even Chimney and Maddie teased him about it.

And he was there in his corner, trying his best not to sulk.

Then he pulled himself together. Convinced himself that Buck had the right to ignore it. And that it was up to him to make the first move.

Only he did, while everyone was busy talking, ordering drinks at the bar or dancing, he called out to Buck, who was probably on his way to the bathroom, gently grabbing his arm. But he got a black look and a "get out" spat to his face.

And now he finds himself staring at where Buck was a minute ago.

He blinks several times.

He thought that Buck ignored him because he wanted nothing more to do with him, that he was indifferent to him. But apparently he's angry with him and mad at him. And he can't let that go. He needs to explain himself and... Well, to apologize, too, if he has to.

So he follows Buck who was actually heading to the bathroom and locks the door behind him after he goes in.

Luckily, they are alone.

Buck turns around and sighs deeply when he sees him.

"Leave me alone." He grunts as he tries to get to the door, but Eddie blocks the passage.