Chapter 29 : Just a massage.

There's a pair of lips that roam over his homoplate, his neck, his shoulder, ruffling his hair in the most delicious way, managing to make his awakening pleasant.

More than pleasant.

"I wish I could wake up like this every morning." He mumbles into the pillow, eyes still closed, voice hoarse with sleep. A chill runs down his skin as a hand slides over his hip, then his stomach.

"Only if you stop stealing my pillow." Buck replies, his lips close to his ear as he snuggles against his back.

Eddie smiles and sighs happily, intensely delighted by this closeness.

"I can't help it if I like staying close to you even when I'm asleep."

"Hm." Buck huffs against his skin. "Smooth talker." He adds and Eddie laughs, before finally opening his eyes and slowly rolling over into arms he's missed excruciatingly.

Eddie meets his eyes through the darkness and they are bright, so bright, so beautiful, that Eddie never wants to see them darken and become so stormy again. Least of all because of him.

"What time is it ?" He asks softly, teasing Buck's nose with his own.

Buck smiles slightly before muttering ;

"It's only five o'clock, we still have some time to spare."

Eddie is more than pleased, because he wants to enjoy this morning a little longer.

"I have to be home by eight, cook Christopher's breakfast and get him to school."

"Pouring cereal into a bowl isn't really called cooking, you know ?" Buck scoffs, and Eddie retaliates by pinching his hip.

"Hey, just because Sir here is taking cooking lessons doesn't mean I'm going to accept that kind of comment, all right ?"

Buck smiles, raises an interested eyebrow.

"If you keep calling me Sir, then I agree with everything you say."

Eddie chuckles and his hand leaves Buck's hip to grab his ass.

"We both know that if any of us were to be called Sir, it would be me." He replies and Buck laughs, not bothering to contradict him.

Eddie smiles, closes his eyes, then, after a peaceful moment of silence ;

"Are you coming home with me ?"

Buck's answer is not long in coming, and his apprehension fades away.

"Yes, sir."

Eddie smiles a little wider, keeps his eyes closed and whispers ;

"Tease."

[...]

The idea comes to him one morning as he lies in bed next to Eddie, his eyes closed yet awake. He hears the rustling of the sheets, Eddie straightening up into a sitting position, and then the sigh of discomfort as he gets up and his back cracks.

When he opens his eyes and straightens on his elbows, catching Eddie's eye as he smiles and leans in to press a kiss against his forehead, he makes a promise to himself that Eddie will have the most relaxed night of his life that night.

Or rather, the night after, when he's back from his twenty-four hour shift.

So he puts a whole plan into action.

And this plan, he makes it with Christopher.

"A surprise ?" He exclaims excitedly when Buck takes him into the confidence barely an hour after Eddie has left.