Remus Sees Sense

"I feel bad," Remus complained to Lily.

Lily had her face buried in 'Ancient Runes' while Remus tried to browse a bookshelf. He found this extremely hard as he had two other problems in his mind. His friends and his... condition. Remus thought that he had made the right decision by ignoring his friends. They were constantly trying to get into his personal business and find out is secret. Which they couldn't, of course. If they ever found out... Remus was certain they would never speak to him again. They might spread rumours about him or even tell everyone! Dumbledoor wouldn't have a choice. He would have to be expelled! Remus couldn't let that happen!

"Your too soft with them Remus," Lily muttered as she turned to the next page of her book, "They're in the wrong, not you! They'll be running back and begging for you to forgive them. Don't worry!"

"They're my friends!"

"Are they?" Lily raised her eyebrow as she finally looked up from her book, "What did Sirius say yesterday?"

Remus sighed miserably, "He over-reacted..."

"Trust me," Lily smiled at Remus, "Staying away from them is the best option for now."
Remus nodded. He knew Lily meant well, but she didn't understand the Marauders relationship. He was going to talk to them tonight!