Chapter 8

Mabels POV

I was halfway asleep and halfway awake. I didn't feel so well. I heard footsteps coming so I snuggled closer to my pillow and wrapped my blanket tightly around me.
"Time to get up." I heard someone say. It was Nanny Mcphee. Everyone groaned. "I shall give you half an hour to get up, washed, dressed, teeth cleaned, beds made, ad out in the garden for some helpful fresh air before breakfast. Lessons start at 9:00. Sharp!." She said to all of us then left. "I don't know about you guys but i want to stay in bed." I heard Simon mumble. "Sebastian, run the thermometer under the hot tap would you? Chrissy chalk. Eric crayons. Lily pepper." He ordered. "How do you know she won't do something horrid to us?" Tora asked. "I thought it out. She's a trained hypnotist. Thats how she made up do all those things to us last night. Don't look directly at her and then she won't be able to hypnotize you." He said. "Simon." I said. "Oh! Mabel you're awake! What is it?" He said a little excited. "I really don't feel so well." I said "Oh. Well looks like you won't be needing to do all the things we will do right now." He said as everyone came back with the stuff. "I know you don't feel well, but can you help me?" He asked me. "Sure" i said. I grabbed the chalk and started rubbing it on his face. He was looking at me admiringly. "What is it?" I asked. "Oh nothing!" He said quickly, his cheeks turning a light pink. "Oh ok. Well you're done now. You look sick enough." I said. " SHES COMING!!!" Sebastian screamed running to his bed. "Everyone! Don't look into her eyes." Simon told us. "I really don't feel well guys." I said. "SHHH!!" They all said. "Dear me." She said as she came in. "We can't get up. We're ill." Eric said with a fake cough. "Colds in our noses." Said Chrissy. "Our temperatures" said Sebastian. "We think it might be the measles." Said Simon. "Good heavens. Then there is of course no question that you are not getting up." Said Nanny Mcphee. " Nanny Mcphee, I really don't feel so well. I think i have to-" i was cut short when a sudden urge to throw up took over me. I leaned over my bed and threw up in the trash can that was right there. After I was done, I sat back up and leaned back on my bed. " are you alright?" Nanny Mcphee asked. "Yes ma'am." I said. "Well, I'm afraid to tell you that you all have to stay in bed." She said. Everyone started to smile. She left. Everyone started to laugh and giggle but it all died down as a bad, sick feeling washed over them. "I don't feel well." Chrissy said. "I think I've got a temperature." Said Lily. "Don't be daughed" said Simon. I heard movement and the a struggle. "Simon, I can't get up." Said Tora "you must've looked at her then!" He said. "I did not!!" "I CANT GET UP!!" "Me too!!" Everyone screamed. Eventually, everyone stopped trying to get up. "Needless to say. BANG goes that theory." Said Eric. "Well I don't know about you, but I'm going to take a nap. See you guys later." I said. I rolled over. And closed my eyes. A couple of minutes later I heard Tora and Simon talking. "Would you quit looking at her Simon. Your going to burn holes in her face" she said amused. "I can't help it, she just looks so beautiful when she sleeps." I heard him say. "Why don't you just ask her out already? You've liked her for the past two years now" She said. "I'm waiting for the right time. Ok?" I heard him say before I drifted off to sleep.