Chapter 54-Model

I can't believe my favorite song at the moment is about two guys writing gay fanfic about a dead dude

It's a good song :D

*Virgil POV*

I was exhausted. We had spent almost 2 hours in different shops, and so far Roman had purchased... nothing. Nothing at all.

I had tried my best to keep up with him and his never ending enthusiasm for everything that we passed but I was nearly at the point of screaming at the top of my lungs by now. I had never guessed that shopping would be this tiring.

I was starting to feel a little light-headed as Roman gasped again. I knew that gasp, and I knew immediately that I was going to get dragged into another torture chamber full of glitter and fabric. And Roman did not let me down.

We didn't buy anything from that store as well. "Roman can we sit down for a second?" I asked, rubbing my eyes tiredly. "But..." Roman was obviously conflicted between sitting down with me or going over to snatch a shirt before someone else could. "You can go, I'll wait here." I told him, swallowing down the disappointment.

Don't ruin this for him, he'd wanted to go shopping for so long. Today is Roman's happy day. I told myself as Roman shot me a grateful look and ran off to grab a white shirt with rainbows.

I sat down on a bench nearby and closed my eyes, crossing my legs and leaning my head back on the wall.

Someone tapped my knee after a minute or so and I opened my eyes, expecting Roman but finding someone else instead.

It was a dude with glasses and a beard. He kind of looked like Leslie Odom Jr. and I almost told him that, but managed to restrain myself at last.

"Hello, my name is Mark, and I work at the XXXX company. I was wondering if you're interested in working as a model." The man said, smiling charmingly. "As a what?" I asked, blinking in confusion.

"I came here to see if there's anyone who's willing to be a model for our company. You seemed like the perfect person for the job." He explained patiently. "Oh. Cool. Go find someone else." I told him, closing my eyes again.

I knew I had scolded Roman for being rude a couple of hours ago and was being a hypocrite right now, but I was feeling really drained at the moment.

"A-Are you sure? I work at the XXXX company." He told me again. "Yes, you've already told me that." I sighed, opening my eyes to see him looking at me bemusedly.

"We're... one of the biggest fashion companies in the world, and you're turning down our offer just like that?" The guy stammered.

"Look, I don't know what an XXXX company is, and I'm a student who has no time to do any of the modeling stuff that you're suggesting." I said. "If you work with us, you could become a worldwide star. Your face could be all over the magazines!" He told me.

"I'm telling you, I don't want my face—Uugh, you know what? How about I give you my number and we talk about this over the phone? I don't have enough energy to interact with humans right now. I need to recharge." I said, exasperated.

"Oh, that would be great! Here you go. You can contact me any time." The guy beamed at me and handed me his calling card. "No, I'll give you my number, I'm sure I'm going to lose that somewhere." I said and he handed me his phone so I could give him my number. "I will contact you tonight, have a nice day!" He smiled and walked away—

To reveal Roman who was looking at me with his arms crossed. "Who was that?" He asked instantly. "I don't know." I shrugged. "Why did you give him your number?" He demanded. "So he could call me." I frowned, confused as to why Roman was looking at me with an annoyed look on his face.