seventeen.

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN!
rl, twitter, dc, instagram.

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

the following day was hard for soleil. she didn't bother grabbing her phone, what was the point? she heard occasional buzzes as she stared at her ceiling with watery and sore eyes.

"how could i be so stupid," sol mumbled to herself, which just caused her to breakdown in tears more. the silence in her apartment was something she was familiar with, but it felt extra lonely.

and there she stayed laying for a good amount of time. almost numb to it. she didn't want to move, nor get up to feed her stomach which was begging for some kind of food. ever since the whole thing with corinna and karl, she hadn't eaten. it didn't feel like a priority.

the overwhelming sense of sadness rained down on her. but interrupting her thoughts was a knock at the door. she grunted, not wanting to get up. so she doesn't.

soleil then hears the fumbling of keys and someone open the door, she didn't move, only thinking to herself who it could possibly be.

"hey sol," the friendly and familiar voice of her friend, alex called out.

( mf first of all, where'd you get a key?! 🙄🤨🤨 )

she didn't look over, keeping her silence. though soleil couldn't bare being upset with her best friend, she was rightfully so ignoring him.

he flew out? she questioned, confirming her thought was him saying, "i flew out. i felt like it was necessary." he sat down at the foot of her bed, "i'm so sorry soleil. i wanted to tell you he was going to be there, but you were so excited to go.."

silence fell between the two, alex sighed before kicking off his shoes and crawling over to lay down next to her. he takes a good stare at the ceiling before glancing over at his friend, his voice was softer and comforting. one that reminds one of a warm hug.

"you have every right to be upset with me, but no matter how much you ignore me, i'm still going to be your best friend and be here for you. i never meant to keep that from you. i love you so very much, and i just want you happy sol."

'i just want you happy sol' was her breaking point, she bursted into tears. alex frowned as he sat up, opening his arms waiting for her to accept his hug. and she did, wrapping her arms around his neck and letting out sobs on his shoulder.

"you're okay," he reassured hugging her close, "let it out."

after a bit, she sniffled her tears letting go of the hug to be face to face with alex. the two bursted out laughing.

soleil wiped her nose with the end of sweater sleeve before she cups alex's cheeks, "you're a complete fucking idiot. next time, please let me know if the two people i despise the most would be at the same party together."

he nodded understandingly, "i'm sorry i didn't, but next time i swear i will."

she chuckled before slapping his cheek jokingly. alex finally got a good look at her. he noted the bags under her eyes, how swollen they were. "are you okay, soleil?"