Chapter 7

It had been a week since he met the raven-haired boy that fateful day by the lockers. They had exchanged phone numbers, and when they could, texted each other.

He didn't know how he did it, but Hinata finally asked if Kageyama wanted to hang out with him again. Like, to go to the movies, or to take a walk, or whatever he felt comfortable with.

The ballerina had to admit, he felt quite flustered when he received the message, for it was rare that someone asked to hang out with him. He was suspicious at first, but then remembered his sister's words of wisdom, of "living" instead of being locked up in a cage. So, they both agreed on going to watch Billy Elliot, but not at the cinema (that movie is too old to be seen in there again), but in the redhead's home. Kageyama knew it was risky, but his new friend kept on insisting that he knew how to make this amazing curry and that he had to try it, and like this the raven could meet his smaller sister as well.

~

The day finally arrived.

Neither of them were concentrated in their studies or lessons, their minds drifting off to wonderland, and only coming back with a gentle breeze accompanying the loud bell that signaled the end and beginning of a class. They were so in their heads, even their friends seemed slightly preoccupied over the fact that they were so silent, so distracted. Nishinoya wouldn't stop teasing his only-by-an-inch taller than him friend, who obviously knew about their little "date". Hinata kept on correcting him, saying that it was a " hang out ", not a date. The other would only shrug and grin mischievously at the younger. On Kageyama's side, however, Yurio was overwhelmed with annoyance with how little attention the raven was paying, and only had Yuri to talk to his dramas about. But, where there's Yurio and Yuri, there's bickering and arguing, and that finally made Kageyama snap and he temporarily left the safe confinements of his mind to focus on the shorter and angsty blonde.

Even when they left school and continued with practicing and training for their dreams, they were still out of it. The teachers noticed, and teachers from both sides were pissed with the boys who weren't listening.

They had agreed that Hinata would meet Kageyama at the same classroom they met outside of, and from there on the redhead would take the raven to his house.

So, at an incredible speed, the drummer almost flew his way down the stairs after his individual class and tried to calm his racing heart and blushing cheeks on his way there. Once he was close enough, he started to walk, small and short pants leaving his nervously bitten lips.

According to the ballerina, they weren't having a class in there, but they were having a training session with some friends; he told the redhead to knock on the classroom door once he got there, so they wouldn't have to waste any time.

Almost trembling out of the sudden anxiety that started pulsing through his veins, he hesitantly rapped on the big, wooden door.

There was a muffled yell of "come in!" audible to the shorter's ears, so he breathed in and out deeply, and slowly opened the door, only to find-

-that all the dancers were stretching. Some were doing the spilts, some were doing yoga poses and a few were simply stretching their leg out on the floor and bending their torso over it.

The blood that rushed to the shorter boy's cheeks was hot, burning hot, as he stared at Kageyama's basically perfect split. From this point of view, his legs looked so skinny and long, yet muscle was still bulging beneath those pail pink tights. He didn't want to stare, but holy shit Kageyama was wearing a small ponytail and he looked so adorable it took all of the drummer's willpower not to scream.

He felt out of place, like really out of place, because he's not flexible in the slightest. He cleared his throat a bit, the sound echoing in the medium-sized classroom, causing a few heads to turn.