𝟭.𝟯 | 𝗚𝗘𝗧 𝗜𝗡 𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗘

1973

1973

LIVID.

Eleanor Ridges was beyond livid.

She was just fired for her job because she decided to take the task that was meant for her male co-worker. Ryan, her colleague, stupidly messed up their project proposal causing her to create a quick improvisation to fix it. It was applauded and approved by the board of directors, but her boss found out it was her who done it. After the meeting, he terminated her for insubordination, claiming she wasn't following the tasks that was specifically given to her.

But the tasks he assigned to her were meager and not fitting for her job description. So much for being a project coordinator.

"Sexist assholes!" She threw her box in the backseat, slamming the car door shut. Her hands glowed fiercely red as she jumped in the driver's seat. "Okay, calm down. You don't want to bury this parking garage to the ground. That will be quite hard to explain to the authorities."

Taking a few calming breaths, she drove away from her office building, thinking of what she should do next. She raised her hand and telekinetically opened her glove box, levitating her silver metal ball. As she continued to drive along the highway, she let the ball float above her palm. Almost ten years ago, Erik Lehnsherr gave it to her, assuring her that he will return a few days later, but he never did.

Her heart broke when she realized he was never returning. Bastard must've found someone else to mess with or he could be dead. He never even wrote to her when he said he would if ever he didn't come back immediately.

Eleanor loved the man dearly despite his wayward views about mutants being the superior race. She did once explain to him that not all humans were the same and that one day, all will learn to live with one another. A scowl formed on her lips upon thinking about him. The mark he left behind was enough for her not to entertain another man in her life. The man left a hole in her heart she couldn't fill up no matter what she did.

The first time they met was quite interesting. She was having a vacation in her newly bought cabin in the woods when suddenly Erik and his group came. They were currently on the run from the CIA at that time and she helped them by hiding them inside her house, claiming to the agents that they escaped somewhere else.

She first declared that she was a human, hiding the truth that she was like them. She refused to believe she was a mutant, that there was an extra gene in her system that gave her powers to read minds, control objects around her, and manipulate reality. Erik and his group believed that she was a regular human being that helped them, but then she had to save Raven from a falling tree branch, causing them to discover that she was a mutant like them. Erik berated her for concealing who she was, but ever so slowly he showed her that she shouldn't hide. That was maybe how she fell for the visionary.

A sudden tug inside her mind pulled her out of her minor reminiscing and her eyes darted to the rear-view mirror, spotting a car closely following behind her. Slowing down the speed of her car, she infiltrated the other driver's mind.