𝟮.𝟭 | 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗪𝗔𝗬 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗪𝗜𝗦𝗛 𝗧𝗢 𝗕𝗘

"WELCOME TO Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters! May you all enjoy this year's semester!"

The brunette grinned as Charles finished his welcome speech to the fourth batch of mutant students they invited to study in their school. She stood beside Charles, her hands joined together in front of her as waved at them. Her heart warmed as she peeked at each of them.

Being a teacher did indeed felt rewarding. Just seeing the students' joyful smiles and bright eyes made Eleanor felt that this was where she truly belonged. Motivating children to who they want to be.

Months have passed since Washington and many things -- both wonderful and heartbreaking have happened since then. After Erik had left her, she was immediately arrested and interrogated for her brief association with him, yet thankfully all were quickly dismissed when Charles vouched for her innocence.

He made them all believe that she wasn't completely aware of her actions and what she had done was purely defensive. She was defiantly against what he had done, but it was the only way to clear her name.

The new students erupted into cheers and they were all led by Hank to their quarters, each of them receiving a candy bar from him. "Alright, children! There's no need to rush!" She advised. "Slow down! Slow down!"

She was guiding them kindly to Hank when she heard one student's voice among them.

"I don't think I will fit in."

Eleanor instantly perked up, searching for the source of the voice. She peered across the group and sensed that it came from a young girl who looked no older than twelve. She then approached the child with a kind smile.

"Hello there!" She greeted. "What's the matter, sweetie?" Eleanor bent a little forward in an attempt to comfort the little girl. With her current state, it was impossible for her to fully kneel or even bend down.

The pretty light-haired girl looked up at her with uncertainty in her green eyes. "I, uh, nothing... nothing." She shook her head, but Eleanor smiled kindly. She could hear the doubts inside her head.

"Tell you what, my darling. You don't have to worry about fitting in. We are all just like you here." She patted the girl's head and brushed her hair back. "You were always meant not to fit in, so why even try right? Stand out the way you wish to be. Just be you, Lily."

Lily's eyes widened in surprise when she heard her name. Eleanor then twirled her hands and a red mist appeared, hoping to pique the girl's interest. The child gasped and grinned when she realized who she was talking to. "I knew I saw you somewhere! I saw you on television! You fought that bad guy. Oh, I want to be like you!"

The brunette looked down for a moment, swallowing as she remembered Erik. "Well, you can. But I want you to be better." She smiled. "You'll do so much more than me, I know it. Now, go to Professor McCoy and he'll assist you to your room."