𝟭.𝟴 | 𝗔𝗧𝗢𝗠 𝗢𝗙 𝗠𝗬 𝗙𝗟𝗘𝗦𝗛

ELEANOR WAS A BIT TROUBLED

She had no idea why she decided to stay. She didn't know what pushed her to remain in Charles' mansion at the moment. What she only knew was that she had to. She accompanied the three men to the sub basement of the mansion. Her mouth fell open as she looked around its structure.

"When was the last time you were down here?" Logan questioned, looking around as if he became nostalgic.

Hank turned to him. "The last time we went looking for students."

"A lifetime ago." replied Charles. He situated himself at the center of a doorway and Eleanor watched as a biometric scanner recognized his eyes and let them in.

"Welcome, Professor."

"Now, that is amazing." blurted out the brunette as they stepped inside a room where a machinery was standing at its center. "What's that?" She gestured to the machine.

"That is Cerebro. It's what I use to amplify my telepathic ability so I could reach any individual in the world." explained Charles, staring at the helmet hesitantly. "It's Hank's invention."

Eleanor turned to Hank in awe. "Amazing. Just amazing, Hank." She muttered, smiling.

"Thank you." he smiled back and cleared his throat just as he activated the machine. It hummed to life and soft beep resounded in the room. "Raven's wounded. She won't be moving fast even though Valerie's with her."

Charles grabbed the helmet sitting atop it and blew on it, removing the dust. It was obvious it had been a very long time since he had used it. "These are muscles I haven't stretched in a long time." admitted the man as he put Cerebro on his head. Eleanor placed her hand on his shoulder once again, giving it a squeeze.

"You can do it."

"God, I hope so."

Just as he said that, he gasped and Eleanor immediately felt his telepathy was amplified. The room brightened up, red and white lights appeared around them and they all heard the desperate calls of mutants. They were all hurting and needed help. She then sensed Charles' struggle as he shook and winced as he uttered, "God!". She could feel he was overwhelmed by it all. He was not yet ready.

The room shifted erratically, a clear sign that he was attempting to block them. He was still trying to stop hearing them. "Charles," she warned.

Soon, the frantic calls of the mutants overpowered him and he lost focus. He groaned, attempting to maintain control.

"Charles!"

The lights around them whirled fast and suddenly, Charles shouted, causing the Cerebro equipment to break down. Glass flew from the machine and Eleanor flinched as she felt his telepathy snap. Charles abruptly pulled Cerebro off his head, breathing hard. His hands were clenched into fists and he shut his eyes tightly.