Without you

I woke up after falling asleep holding Elijahs shirt. My heart ached from the pain I felt. Not literally pain obviously. I sit up on the edge of my bed shaking. I feel different everything does. I was still wearing the same clothes as I was wearing earlier, so I changed into something more comfortable. I slowly walked down the stairs realizing that me and Klaus are the first awake. I head over to the small table and pour myself a bourbon. He sitting on a chair, he seemed upset and lonely. I was gonna offer to pour him one but I can see he already helped himself. I sat next to him in a different chair.

"It's not gonna get any easier is it?" I ask. I could tell he was shocked cause he jumped a bit and looked at me.

"No, I'm afraid not love." I hated when he said love but right now it was comforting. I sighed drinking the rest of my bourbon and a tear falling down my cheek I wipe it off and hear Alora.

"I gotta go." I say sitting the cup down on the table and walking away.

I head to the room and pick up Alora. For the past few days Elijah has helped out with her cause I've been so exhausted. But now it's different he's not here.

"It's ok. Things will get better." I say in a shaky and quiet voice trying to calm her while she rest in my arms.

"I miss him too." I know it's only been not even 24hours but it felt... different. Tears fall down my face and onto the floor. She finally falls asleep and I wipe my eyes and head down stairs.

-

"Wow." I say looking at lights glowing down at a small blanket in a field with food in a basket.

"Do you like it?" Elijah asks walking over to it.

"I love it." My smiled widens and I sit down.

Later that night*

We fell to the floor laughing. "You seriously can't catch one grape." He jokes I roll over facing him.

"Like you could do any better." I say gazing at him. He turns his head towards me and I smile. We sit up and watch as a star shoots across the sky. I lay my head in his lap. Connecting stars to make shapes with my figures. Me smiled down on me.

"What are you doing?" He asks looking at the sky trying to make out what I was drawing. He kissed the top of my head and I could feel my cheeks heat up.

"Making shapes with the stars. You ot to try it sometimes. It's calming." He tucked my hair behind my ears kissing my lips. They were soft and gentle.

"I love you." He says.

"I lo-"

-

"Y/n!" I hear someone call. I get pulled out of the memory from years ago of me and Elijah to see Hayley standing at the crib holding Hope."Are you ok? I know it's hard." I look up at her tears welling in my eyes but I push them away.

"I guess. Not the best but holding on there." I slid my hand across the crib rail the walked out.

POV Elijah

I woke up in a hotel room. I sighed with relief knowing the plan worked. It hurt knowing that I had to lie to y/n. Freya was at the edge of my bed.

"Welcome to your new home." She says giving me a fresh bag of blood to drink. I smile as a thank you.

"Not the cleanest but it will do for now." I say looking around at the worn paint on the walls. Cracked ceiling, broken hinges on the doors.

"Promise you won't tell y/n about this. It is only to protect her. Your wound is healed though it was a pretty easy fix. But seriously Elijah if she finds out her and Alora will be in serious danger. You have to find it and give it to me and only then can you return to her." I sighed.

"It could take years you know that right?" I say to her. She nodded and stood up. Handed me some things and left. I looked at the paper Freya handed me and read what I needed to do.

We both know how strong Hope is and Alora is the same for her just being a witch. Her and Hope growing up together will soon just maximize the power and will bring death to us all. Y/n doesn't know how strong she is but obviously we all do, so find the witch and find the serum and only then can we tell her.

I sighed knowing how hard this was gonna be but I had to do it to save everyone and y/n. I usually don't cry but tears fell down my face knowing I wouldn't be able to see her.

POV you

I ran down the stairs to find Klaus. He was sitting there not making a single peep. "Klaus is it ok if um, me and Alora stay here?" We didn't have anywhere else to go so this was the only option.

He snapped his head around. "Sure um, I don't mind."
————————
AN: yay I finished this one too!! I know I finished it fast but I wanna try and finish this book by the end of the week!!