Chapter 2

We finally made it to their home, it seemed like forever. After becoming a vampire, your supposed to grow in the art of patience, but I never mastered it. We were currently standing in front of a house with a lot of windows, a lot more than I thought a house belonging to vampires would have. Two men, one with blonde hair and one with bronze hair, and two women, both with brown hair, came out of the house. "Ah, Garret. And who is this?" said the man with blonde hair. "I'm Catherine, but you can call me Cat. I travel with Garret." I said. "Well, I'm Carlisle,and this is my wife Esme, my son Edward, and my daughter in law Bella." he said motioning to each one of them. I smiled, and stuck my hand out to shake their hands. Edward snarled. Did he not trust me? "It's more that I don't know you. So I don't know if I can trust you." Edward said. How did he know what I was thinking. "Edward has the gift of reading minds, and two of my other children had gifts, but sadly they left us," Carlisle said. "I understand, I too have a gift. It should come in handy if it comes to a fight. I can cause pain to anyone I touch at will, and sometime when I'm really mad." I said. Suddenly a little girl came from the house. She was the spitting image of Bella and Edward. She came up to me, and reached a hand out. I crouched down so I was at her level, she was about to touch her hand to my cheek. When Edward snarled. I stood up. I was furious. "You think I would hurt her. Why would I ever hurt a meer child, let alone anyone unless I had a reason too." I yelled at Edward. Garret was about to lay a hand on my shoulder to comfort me, when I stopped him. "Garret don't touch me you know what will happen. I have never been this furious, so it will hurt worse." I warned him. "I'll be back, I need to cool off." I said. I ran north headed for Canada.

Garret's P.O.V

"Please for give Cat, I've never seen her this angry. She was abused as a child, after her sister was sent away. She was at the brig of death when I found her. Her father dumped her body in the woods, thinking she was dead. I saved her, I felt bad for her. No one should die at 16. She is very sensitive when it comes to her power. I think she was hurt that you thought she was going to abuse your daughter." I said. Edward looked like he felt guilty.

Edward's P.O.V

I felt awful for what I had done. If only I had know. I hope she comes back soon, so I could apologize.