Chapter 5

We were making our way to the field, where we were supposed to meet the Volturi. We were then joined by the wolves. The smell was interesting, it was mostly putrid, but with something intoxicating. I tracked the sent to a wolf that was sandy colored, with dark brown eyes. Great! A wolf is my blood singer! I then looked into its eyes, and it froze and just stared at me. 'Did that wolf just imprint on me?' Not want wanting to be heard I asked Edward through my mind. He just nodded. We finally made it to the field, and stopped getting into positions. I was standing next to Nessie, she was holding my hand. Assuming by the amount of pressure on my hand, she was nervous. As was everyone else. Bella stood on the other side of her, with Jake beside her. The sandy wolf stood next to me. Edward stood in front of Bella, Renessmee, and I in a protective stance. We waited, finally the Volturi arrived. "Aro, It is good to see you." said Carlisle, trying to calm the mood. "Let's get down to business, Edward I assume since the child is clinging to your new born mate, you are involved?" Aro replied. Edward walked to across the field to Aro, and gave him his hand. After a moment of silence Aro said, "I would like to meet her." Edward turned to us, and motioned us to come forward. I was going to stay back, but Nessie gave me a pleading look. Bella, Nessie, Emmett, Jake, and I walked towards Aro. I stood beside Nessie. "Ah Bella, immortality becomes you." Aro complimented. He knelt down, and Nessie touched his face. "Hello Aro," said Nessie. I was shocked she rarely every talked, she used her gift instead. Aro's eyes lit up, "Magnifico," he said. "This child is half mortal, half immortal. Conceived while this girl was still human." he added. "Propostituroust," Said Cauis. "Do you think they deceived me brother, bring the informant forward." replied Aro. They brought a blonde, golden eyed woman up front. "Is this the child you saw?" asked Aro. She looked at the Nessie, and looked confused. "I don't know, this child is bigger." she said quietly. "So you gave us false allegations?" asked Cauis. The poor girl looked terrified. "I didn't know, I'm sorry. I take full responsibility." She kept pleading. Demetri and Felix came to her sides, I knew what was going to happen next. I didn't expect Kate and Tanya to go ballistic. "Blind them," said Edward to Zafrina. She did, but they were still going crazy. I did what I new would help. I ran over to them. "I'm sorry," I said. I then hit them, with only enough pain to knock them out. By then, Irina was dead. "How do we know this child is not a treat? There is no way to be sure." asked Cauis. "What if we could prove to you that she is not a treat? Alice" said Edward. I heard food steps, and saw Jasper and Alice onto the field with a man.