7

once you have gotten changed you both head out.
you are amazed by all the autumn colours. you've seen autumn before but only on Hydra missions when you would get a brief look before being yelled at to focus.
this was a whole new experience and you loved it.
the sound the leaves made as you stepped on them, the calming breeze and the ever falling leaves that littered the park were all amazing to you.

you ran up to a pile of leaves and jumped on it, your face lighting up as you heard the crunch and felt the levaes sink beneath you.
your thoughts were interrupted by bucky howling with laughter.

'your like a little puppy y/n,' he beamed
you just stuck your tounge out at him and carried on jumping.

suddenly your attention was captured by a large, orange leaf falling towards bucky. you ran towards it trying to capture it when it was grabbed by some shiny fingers.

'here doll.' he smiled handing it to you. you thank him and put the leaf in your pocket. you want to keep it forever to remember this day.

'as fun as watching you run around is,' he smirked 'we should get going before it gets too busy.'

you nod in agreement and follow him to subway.
he explains how it works and you pick out some toppings and a drink. when hes finished his order he notices you looking at the cookies.

'can i add in a cookie please?' he asks the cashier who smiles and adds the cookie to the total.

'no its fine i dont-' you start before he shushes you.
't-thank you.' you say quietly. he smiles.
'of course doll.'

you have a hard time asking for things and he's very good at noticing things like that.

you both grab your food and head to the park. you sit and eat your food in a comfortable silence, with you staring at the scenery and him glancing at you every so often.

'have you ever celerbrated christmas before?' he asks, breaking the silence.

you think about it for a moment. you know that Hydra never let you celerbrate it but you couldnt help but wonder if your family used to.

'maybe.' you say. he looks confused and you remember that he cannot read your thoughts unless you allow him to.

'well maybe when i was a child i might have celerbrated it with my family but i dont remember that.' you explain.

'well christmas is only a month or so away so you can have one with your new family,' he says, subtly taking your focus off of your past.

'and i know what im going to get you.'

oh yeah people get eachother presents for christmas, you forgot about that.

'great, now i have to buy presents for people that i barely know.'
you both laugh at this.

'we could always go christmas shopping together?' he offers.

'ok deal.' you smile, happy to be able to go out with him more. you dont feel comfortable leaving the tower alone but you dont want to drag anyone along with you.

you both finish your food and walk home, laughing about random things when you notice a shop. you suddenly stop walking just to look at it.

'its a toy shop,' he says
'you pick a bear and stuff it and name it, you can pick clothes too.' he explains as you stare.

you stand for a minute and he doesnt dare disturb you, knowing that there must be a reason for your sudden interest in the shop.

'i-i think ive been there before,' you say after a while, watching children pick up teddies.

'i recognise it.'

he thinks for a moment.
'well would you like to go in and see if you remember anything?' he says quietly.

'yes please.' you whisper.

he opens the door and you follow him into the small shop.

__________
i hope you like it! i know roughly what the next chapter will be but please comment any suggestions/requests!
thank you for reading :)

*it might be a while before the next update as im a bit stuck on the next chapter*