16

i just want to start this chapter by saying hi. i'm back from the dead.

 i am so so sorry for not updating in months! at the time of writing this book i hated and decided to take a break (that break ended up turning into me forgetting about it and other stuff happening in my life) but you guys have said so many nice things that i want to continue. reading this story back i definitely skipped over y/n's character development and have missed out some important things. i have decided that i am going to do my best to keep writing this story, you can expect updates somewhere between weekly and bi-weekly. i am going to finish this story ( i have no set plan for it, more on that in a moment ) and then i will go through and fix everything that i don't like. i hope i haven't been gone for too long and that you guys will return! 

quick question: i hope yall don't mind but i'm thinking of somehow merging this story with the main timeline. i can only think of two ways which i need yall to decide on please. comment on which one you prefer.

since the accords don't exist in this story, something goes wrong on a mission maybe and the accords are introduced, splitting the avengers. (if this is chosen i will most likely put her on team cap because of bucky) (i am also more than happy to adjust/write out nat and tony's deaths)

or the avengers never split, meaning everyone is in wakanda when thanos comes and endgame probably wouldn't happen.

or something else is anybody has any suggestions lol

ok thank you here's the chapter now! 

***************************

When you wake again, Bucky is rubbing small circles on your thigh with his thumb.

'Hey sleepy head.' he smirks.

'What time is it?'

'9.'

You groan and he lightly kisses your forehead. That's when you notice he is no longer in pyjamas and is now in his gym clothes. When you ask about it, he simply tells you to get dressed and grab some breakfast.

Once you have showered and gotten into gym clothes, you follow him into the kitchen area of your floor and see that he has made pancakes. Steve is already sat eating them and he smiles when he sees you. You all chat for a bit before finishing your food.

'Oh shoot,' Steve mutters as he checks the time. 'I've got to go, I promised Sam we would go for a jog.'

He gives a friendly smile and walks off, leaving you alone with bucky. Its slightly awkward for a while, you want to speak up about last night, but you don't want to be the one to bring it up.

Suddenly, when you are both finished eating, he stands up and walks over to the elevator. 'Come on doll.' he smirks.

You follow him and the doors close. You slightly slip as you descend, but he catches you and helps you steady yourself.

You finally arrive at the gym floor, and you are a bit confused since you don't usually go to the gym on weekends. Bucky went to stand on a mat and finally decides to tell you what is happening.

'So, since you fight defensively and I know you are capable of attacking, we are going to work on your attack.'

'Why?'

'I just explained that-' he sighs, rubbing his forehead.

'No, I know why, but I meant what's the point. Just because I can attack doesn't mean I should. I just need to know how to defend myself and like you said, I'm particularly good at that.'

'Yes, but what if you are attacked by someone stronger and smarter than you? You may struggle if you only rely on defence.'

He had a good point, but you didn't want to practice attack. You tried to only hurt people when absolutely necessary.

'that's what this is for.' you say, making him levitate.

'Until you learn to fully control your powers, they are unreliable. Come on doll, it won't be hard. You already know everything I want to show you, you just have to remember it.'

You finally agree and he wastes no time, instantly attacking you. You spar for ages, taking breaks as and when you need them. It takes a while to get out of the habit of blocking his attacks, but by the end he is bruised and tired. At first, he made sure not to severely injure you, but once he realised how fast you were healing, he punched a bit harder. You had never healed this fast before. Neither of you knew what had caused it, but it went away as soon as you were done fighting.

Once you began to feel hungry, you both stopped for the day and got changed. Bucky ordered take out for lunch and you are now chilling on the sofa, having finished eating. The news is on, but you aren't really paying attention.

'Hey, do you have any plans today?'

'no.' comes your response.

'Do you want to go Christmas shopping now? I mean we don't have to since it's not even December yet but,'

'I'd love to.' he smiles, getting up.

The pair of you grab your coats and credit cards (which tony pays for) before heading out hand in hand.