8. Snow

^^ Credits to the rightful owner ^^

Rosé's POV

There he goes again, despite being my little stepbrother, he never fail to make my heart beat so fast.

I wish we didn't have to be step siblings. But then again, we wouldn't have met if that didn't happen.

Right now, I'm here inside my bedroom while Leo's sleeping on the floor. I kept thinking of him despite the tiredness I've been feeling since we went home.

I wish we could just be normal friends. Having a stepbrother who's as charming as him is a total shame.

"Pst. Why are you still awake?" My thoughts got cutted off by Leo's low voice.

"I can't sleep. I could say the same to you, though."

"It's a bit uncomfortable down here, you know. And it isn't fair that only you could sleep on such a soft and nice bed."

"You're the one who volunteered to sleep on the floor as sleeping together in the same bed would be too... awkward." I couldn't find the right word for that. Just thinking about it makes my heart beat like crazy.

"I take that back now. Can I sleep next to you?" This is what I'm afraid of. Him asking that question without hesitation.

"S-Sure, do you what you want." I just turned my back at him and shifted to my left to give him some space.

What I didn't expected was, he tried to snuggle up with me and gave me a back hug.

"W-What are you-?"

"Shh, it's more comfortable this way." I shutted up and just lets him do what he wants. What could even go wrong?

Sooner or later, my eyes began to close slowly, taking me to the dreamland. But right before I slept completely, I heard him say.

"If snuggling with me is the thing you need to fall asleep, you should've said so."

Aish...

---

Leo's POV

I don't know what's happening to me. I keep on giving her so much affection. Which, by the way, isn't a usual thing for me to do.

I kind of... Remember mom because of her.

She's stubborn, yes, but overall she's just as sweet. I smiled at the thought.

Is that the reason? Because she reminds me of mom?

Yeah... Maybe...

I looked below me to see a sleeping angel. She looks so peaceful, the overall opposite when she's wide awake.

I rested my chin on the top of her head. Slowly allowing my eyelids to close.

---

The next day...

God, it's freezing cold!

I carefully removed my grasp from Rosé and stood up while stretching my arms. I walked to the window and was amazed by the view outside.

"It's snowing!" I suddenly spoke out loud that made the sleeping beauty at the bed groan.

"Hmm... Is it morning already?"

Winter is my favorite season of all the four of them. Why? Because when I still have my true family, we would play in the snow together, with just the three of us. It will always be so fun and full of laughters.

But now that they're not with me anymore, I figured out that I should do this with someone I get along with. And that, of course, is this girl who's with me at this moment.

Without hesitation, I grabbed Rosé's hand and dragged her to the window.

"Ow, that hurts you know?!" I ignored her complaints and let's her see the beautiful view.

"Look! Look!"

"Woah!"

"It's snowing!!" We said in sync.

"Let's change into our winter clothes and let's go play outside!" I exclaimed happily and immediately went to my closet to search for my winter clothes.

I suddenly heard a laugh that made me face her direction, but as soon as my gaze fixated on her she just shrugged.

Weird.

---

Rosé's POV

I didn't know he had this adorable side of him. Well, besides the one I saw at the restaurant yesterday with Ji-soo and Jennie.

He looks super excited as if he was a child opening gifts on Christmas day.

I picked up my winter coat and wore it. Meanwhile, this stepbrother of mine is already running outside.

I wonder where mom and father are?

The question gave me a quick answer. A sticky note on the fridge door.

"Sorry if this is sudden, honey. But Marco and I decided to take a winter date outside. You and Leo have fun. There's already some ingredients on the fridge, just cook what you both want. Love you two!

-Mom"

Again with leaving the two of us alone for father. I sighed in frustration. But that feeling fade away when I heard Leo calling me from outside.

"Hey, Rosé! Go outside, there's like mountains of snow here!"

What a dork.

I went outside to meet with Leo, but as soon as I stepped out the door a thrown snowball welcomed my face.

"Gotcha!" He laughed loudly.

"Oh why you-" I picked up and handful of snow and threw it to him.

"Cold! Cold!"

"That's what you get from throwing a snowball on my face!"

We continued chasing each other with snowballs in our hands. That turned into a fun fight before we got tired so we took a rest.

"I wouldn't want to forget this day." Leo said, slightly panting from exhaustion.

"Me too."

"Say, how about we take a picture here?" He suggested.

"Sure." I agreed. "But who would take a picture of us?"

"Let's use my tripod." He ran inside our house to pick up a camera and the tripod.

A few seconds laters, he came back with the necessary equipments.

"Let's stand in here. The camera is set to 5 seconds." We stood up at a perfect position for the camera. We pose like a puppy shivering from the cold.

But in the last minute, Leo decided to pose differently. He made a half of heart using his right hand and positioned it just on top of my hands while his left arm was snaked around my neck. He wasn't looking at the camera, he was looking... at me.

CLICK!

The sound of the camera and the flash indicates that it already took a picture of us.

"Well, it turned out greater than I expected!" Leo exclaimed while looking at the picture.

Somehow, we looked more like a couple rather than stepsiblings.

***