Special Chapter

Author's POV

"You've been invited to Mr. Marcon Brüschweiler and Clare Park's wedding!"

Is what the letter says as soon as Leo opened the white envelope from their mailbox.

"I see, so they haven't forgotten us.." Rosé stated while reading the invitation.

"How could they invite us if they knew we were mad at them for everything they had done?" Leo gritted his teeth in annoyance.

"Maybe they already learned their lesson already. Calm down, Leo." The chipmunk placed her hand on top of the taller guy's shoulder. And as if magic, he did calm down.

"Sorry. But, what if they just invited us to humiliate us?" Leo questioned the older. He still can't forget how much hatred he held for Marco and Clare.

"We can call them if you want." Rosé didn't even waited for an answer from Leo as she knew that the latter would just declined out of his anger for their parents.

"W-Wait! I'm not-"

"Rosie! I'm so happy that you finally called!" Leo heard Rosé's mother spoke through the phone.

"Hey mom. Leo just wanted to ask something that's why we called. Is his father there?" The older told her mother directly. She knew how much Leo wanted answers already. So she didn't even bother having a conversation with her mother before asking.

"Is this about the sudden wedding invitation?" Clare asked. She seemed to be sure that it's their purpose.

"Yeah. How did you know?" Leo asked.

"Because we knew that you would be confused about it. And I'm right."

"So, what's the reason then? Why did you two invited us knowing that we still held a grudge for the both of you?"

"We..."

"We're sorry." Marco suddenly entered the scene and spoke, finishing Clare's words.

"Is that why you invited us? Just to say sorry? You've already lit up a fire in our hearts, dad. Then all you will do is say sorry?" Leo is desperately trying not to yell, only because Rosé's beside him. He didn't want to scare his girlfriend away.

"I know. That's why we invited you. We wanted to open up to the guests. We wanted to say sorry and make up for our mistakes in front of everyone." Marco explained. Leo can't see any hints of lies behind his words, only pure sincerity.

He gave in and sighed. "Okay fine. But do something that will make me mad and we're out."

"I promise, Leo..."

---

Wedding Day

It was finally the day of Marco and Clare's birthday. And as promised, Leo and Rosé were treated very kindly by their parents, even Rosé's dad as well. No grudges involved.

After the bride and groom exchanging vows to each other, eating, and ringing the bell, Clare called out everyone for her speech.

"We thank you all for coming to our wedding day, we hope you enjoyed the food and had a great time!"

"Now, we just wanted to say something before Clare decides to throw her bouquet."

Marco started. "Leo and Rosé..." Everyone looked at the said people.

"I know that we've done something unforgivable to the both of you. We know that we just forced you two to get along at first so me and Clare could be wedded and accepted by the both of you."

Clare then continued. "But when you two finally got closer, we overreacted and sneak up on you two. It is true that you both have a relationship despite the fact that you two will be step siblings. We thought it was weird and disgusting so we forced you two to get away from each other."

The crowd gasped. Some were sad and some had their eyebrows furrowed. But the newly wedded couple didn't stopped there.

"But, we now understand that you two are humans too. And humans also love. So, after you two ran away from us with Mason, we finally realized how bad of a... p-parents we are." Clare finally broke down to tears. Marco grabbed the microphone from her hand and continued the speech.

"Leo and Rosé, we're really sorry for what we've done... I won't be expecting a quick apology from the both of you but we hope that you can forgive us. Maybe not now, but we'll patiently wait." Marco endes the speech and hugged his crying new wife.

Unexpectedly, Leo was the first one to stood up. He looked at them with serious eyes and then he applaud. Everyone took Leo's lead and clapped too.

"I know this might shock you, dad... But I forgive you. And mother, too." For the first time in forever, Leo smiled in front of his father. Which Marco thought that he would never see again.

Rosé speak up as well. "I second to Leo. You two still deserve forgiveness." She smiled.

"Thank you, both of you..." Marco hugged Leo and Rosé, pulling them both closer to him and Clare. Making it a family hug.

Mason watched in amusement. What Clare did to him in the past is certainly unforgivable. But seeing his former wife and his daughter getting along, it just seems so... perfect.

"Mason! Come over here!" Clare called out. The man showed a shocked look at first but decided to approach them and joined the hug.

Several minutes later, Clare decided to throw the bouquet now. Every women gathered closer to them, hoping they would catch the flower.

"Here we go!" The newly wedded woman finally threw the bouquet.

Everyone tried to catch it but failed. Only for it go land on on the hands of Clare's own daughter.

"Rosie got it! My daughter got it!" Clare exclaimed in excitement.

Rosé stared at the flowers in her hand with a smile before approaching her beloved boyfriend who smiled at her presence.

"I guess we have to plan our wedding now, huh?"

"It's too early for that, idiot!"

The day ended up with laughter and fun until guests, one by one, had to go home.

When it was just the whole family, Marco approached his son.

"This is a very special day, Leo. It's not only our wedding. But also..." Clare appeared beside him while holding a beautifully designed cake.

"Happy birthday, Leo." The woman smiled before handing the cake with litted candles on top to Rosé.

"Blew up the candles now, Leo." The chipmunk stated.

"Thank you, dad, mother..." He blew up the candles quickly before pressing his lips to Rosé's, giving her a passionate kiss.

"And thank you, too.... Rosie."

The End

***

Happy Birthday Lisa!!! ♡