2. Leo Manoban

Leo's POV

Flashback 13 years ago...

"I'm sorry, but she didn't survive the operation." The doctor who's suppose to make mom live longer solemnly told us while looking down.

As a little kid am I, I tried to make myself believe that it's just a ridiculous prank. "N-No... T-That's not true!" I tried to enter the room where my dead mother is but dad picked me up, preventing me from entering the cold room.

"I'm very sorry, Leo, Mr. Brüschweiler. There's nothing we can do anymore, excuse me." The doctor left my father and I. I just continued crying like the weak creature I am.

"Leo, I'm sure mom is already on a peaceful place now. Don't worry, dad's still here." My stepdad gently told me while I sob on his chest.

"I-I want... m-mom."

8 years later...

"Dude, your last name's so girly. Why won't you just change it to your father's? It suits your name better." My bestfriend, Jaehyun, told me as we sat on the stools under our school's gazebo.

"I don't want to, Jae. It reminds me of my mother, that's the only thing that makes me remember of her except for the pictures and memories." I stated and I know for sure he got the message.

"Surname, pictures, memories AND that little pendant of your mother that you're always wearing." He pointed at the little memory of mom that hunged on my neck. I held it and smiled bitterly.

"But you're missing the point of my words, Leo. I meant you need to change that last name of yours because your getting mocked by it. A lot of our classmates are saying that you're gay because of that ridiculous surname, and I'm also getting mocked because I have a 'gay' friend." I was triggered about what he said. I felt fire building upon my eyes. I gave Jaehyun my most deadliest glare.

"How dare you say that my mother's last name is ridiculous!?" I snapped. "First of all Jae, you don't know the feeling of a very important and special person leaving you on thin air. Second, I think you're also missing the point of my words. I don't care if they mock or tease me because of my precious mother's last name. And third, I don't think we can be friends anymore if you're going to think like that. Friendship's over, Jaehyun." I pushed him roughly and left him dumbfounded there.

Because of that argument, I never trust anyone anymore. They'll just think about their reputation, not caring about their friend's feelings.

Flashbacks end...

"Hey mom, your only son's here. I'm very sorry if I didn't visit you very often. You know, school, heh." I crouched down and placed the fresh flowers I bought before going to this place, the cemetery, to visit my mother's grave.

"Mom... I miss you so bad. I never had any friends anymore ever since you left. But you know what? I'm kinda glad about it, because it made me realize that not all person can be trusted." I felt the little warm liquid falling off my cheeks, down to my mother's grave.

"I-I need to go, mom. I'll visit you tomorrow." I caress the tombstone softly before leaving the cemetery.

Timeskip...

I opened the door of pur family's house and immediately hugged my father.

"Oh, Leo, you're just in time." In time?

"For what?" I asked with a raised brow. Then, a woman in mid-30's had came out.

"Leo, this is Claire Park, your new mother."

No... no, this is... this is not true!

"What the hell has gotten in your mind!?"

To be continued...