29. Catching Up

-Cara-

"I just wanna know what was going through your head that night." Colby asked me.

We've been talking for hours, and every so often he brings up this question. And every time, I ignore it and change the subject.

"You need to feed Colbs. That fight earlier took a lot out of you." I said

"I'll feed when you tell me why you would just leave me instead of asking me for help or telling me what happened so I could try and make you feel better. Why would you just run off in the middle of the night? We spent every second searching for you. We didn't stop until Laura found us, meaning she was super close to finding you. There's no way you could've taken her down yourself. How could you be so willing to give all of this up?" Colby ranted on and on until my fave gave away that he was actually upsetting me.

"Don't cry Caroline. I don't wanna upset you. I just wanna understand. I thought we had something special going on, and then you just dipped without even saying goodbye. Imagine how I felt when Tara woke me up." Colby explained.

"I didn't think about anyone else. I just left. It was stupid, and it was selfish. I was upset with the fact that I was forced to tell my secret before I was ready. I was scared of the consequences of that. I was scared of what the humans that live here would say. And especially, I was scared of what Laura would do to all of you." I explained and Colby frowned at me.

"You don't have to worry about her anymore. She's gone. Forever." Colby said before leaning in and placing his lips on my forehead.

They lingered there for a few moments before he finally pulled back.

"Will you please drink some blood now? You need it." I said, he nodded.

He pulled his jar out and started chugging the thick red liquid down until there was nothing left in the jar but the little bit stuck to the sides and bottom.

"Shit, did you want some?" He asked, I just chuckled and shook my head.

"I'm alright, thank you though Cole." I said with a smile.

I let out a sigh and leaned my head down on his shoulder and wrapped my arms around his torso.

He placed his head down on top of mine and wrapped his arms around my waist, resting one of his hands at the top of my pants.

I took in his smell, as he took in mine.

We sat and enjoyed the peace and quiet, well apart from us being able to faintly hear the others downstairs.

"I can finally let myself be happy." I whispered, and Colby squeezed me tighter.

"Are you happy here with us?" He asked me.

He pulled away and looked into my eyes, waiting for my genuine answer.

"I'm happy wherever you are Colby. You and your friends, really changed my life." I said

"I guess we all owe Elton a huge thank you for that one." Mike said from the door way.

"Oh hey Mike." Colby said looking away from me finally.

"I don't mean to interrupt, but Devyn needs us all down in the kitchen for one of her protection spells." Mike said, Xepher approaching behind him.

"It won't take long, and thwn you guys can go back to your talk. It sounded like it was getting deep." Mike continued.

"All we need is for you to hand over your daylight trinkets for a moment." Xepher said.

I took off mine, and Colby took off his and we handed them over.

"Tell Dev we'll be right down."

Mike smiled as we shut the door and walked away.

"Let's go get this over with."

A/n- I wanna add a doppelganger into this story, I saw a comment on a previous chapter that gave me an amazing idea! I wanna make one of the humans a doppelganger but idk who to choose! So we'll vote! Comment who should be the doppelganger!