Chapter 7: The battle

Its been days days since Zaldous forged an alliance with the leader of the rebel. One day before the upcoming battle to dethrone the king and Zaldous has been saving a lot of mana and energy for the upcoming fight.

But... Rin has been observing Zadlous for the past few days...

"Why is Zaldous saving up mana? Did something happened? Is he going ot fight somebody?"

Meanwhile... After Zaldous saved mana Rin confronted Zaldous and ask what is he preparing for or something. And Zaldous said...

"It's to protect you of course"

And by those words Rin's thoughts were clouded with love...

Before the battle started, the leader of the rebellion called Zaldous. The leader gave him a begginers staff. Zaldous was deeply disappointed but politely accepted.

The day has passed and the start of the battle has occured. The plan was surrounding the whole castle of the king and attacking it at the same time.

The battle started when the leader shouted attack! Zaldous immediately shows off 25% of his power. Tge leader was very shocked because of the strength of Zaldous even though he used only 25%.

They have quickly pushed to the castle so fast because of Zaldous. But the imperial mage have a different plan for them. The imperial mage cast a spell on the castle that transform it into a maze full of monsters and soldiers. Because of the high tier monsters and information about the maze of the soldiers, Zaldous and his team have a huge loss and casualties. But Zaldous didn't falter and keeps on moving forward.

Good thing the monsters were small fries for him and killed very easily. After that he noticed that this maze has no end. So Zaldous tried to break the wall with his fireball spell but it wasn't effective, he also tried to punch the wall and it was very effective. He destroyed 3 walls in one punch. The wall were made to repel magic that is why spells don't work against it.

After punching from wall to wall he managed to get in the king's chamber. But the king was already gone. After going back to the maze the screams of the rebels were gone. The ace was very silent. When he got out he saw the rebels have successfully captured the king.

The leader of the rebel knew his power and let him charged in with some soldiers, while they were waiting outide for the king just in case he escape because of the monstrous strength of Zaldous.

"Victory!" Everyone shouted...

But while they were celebrating, the new heroes that was summoned came. They immediately attacked the rebels and wiped half of them in less than a minute. Because of their area damage attacks the soldiers were easily wiped out.

When the army was wiped out easily the leader challenged him on a 1 vs 5...
The leader was easily defeated. The leader declined Zaldous help even if his in a disanvantage. He said that this is a duel of 5 and Zaldous respected it.

"I'll take care of this for you don't worry" Zaldous said to the dead leader...

Zaldous bloodlust was immense. The heroes slightly feared him but still fought him. Zaldous won at the end using just mid tier magic to let them lose their hope. After the fight Zaldous has noticed a similar presence and quickly find it, but in the end he didn't saw it he just felt it. He yhought that he was just feeling not welk because of the bloodlust so he forget about it.

Rin and his Cerberus have arrived and the slaves of the kingdom of polgo saw the battle. Zaldous quickly tied up the king and threw him to the people and slaves. They quickly beat him up resulting to the kings death. But there didn't kniw that their were 3 beautiful princess. But luckily they sided with the people but not the king.

The princesses showed their appreciation to Zaldous by giving him 3 favors. But Zaldous refused politely and jjst wanted to keep travelling. The princesses just let them stay for a while in the castle.

But Rin freaked out when she knew that "he" just Zaldous and his Cerberus were only allowed to the castle and she is not. She knew something was gonna happened. Apparently she sensed that the 3 princess have taken a liking to Zaldous and Rin forced them to let her in.

Zaldous accepted because he heard that the castle of the king has many mystery and artifacts hidden within it, so he went strolling for the night looking for artifacts. But no luck he didn't found a single one. He planned on treasure hunting tommorow and went to his room but he sensed 4 people hiding their and he know who the four is. He just went to another spare room and slept until the morning...

Thanks for reading. Hoped you enjoy it. New chapter may be published tommorow or not.

-TSOI