Chapter 12: Family Reunion

As they travel under the big beautiful full moon, Rin was quietly asleep besides Zaldous after a great dinner they both have. The night was very peaceful.

While they travel to the place of the heroes and the gods Liveria, Zaldous was hesitating to bring Rin. Rin is just an innocent girl who have just been keeping me company for the past few months. Fighting for his brother is his choice but not Rin's. So Zaldous stop at the middle of the path and left her inside a rare tent that is invisible to the outside but not the inside with her equipment, food and a note.

Looking back like his gonna regret it, Zaldous still keeps moving forward and left her. He doesn't want her to get injured or death just because he were just accompanying him. So Zaldous tooked that matter off on his head and just kept going to Liveria.

A few hours came by and finally Rin has awoken from her sleep. Excited for the morning zhe suddenly got bery confused...

"Good Morning Zeld! W-wait where is the carraige?... Zeld where are you!?"

While looking back at the tent she noticed it dissapeared. But when she walked back she definitely felt something like a cloth. When finding the entrance she finally got in and saw that the inside is visible while the outside is not.

Her thoughts became clearer because the tent was meant for her protection and her stuff was inside.

She noticed a paper that says "open me" she immediately opened it and read it carefully.

NOTE:

Dear Rin, i am very sorry for leaving you here, i hope you forgive me for doing this. But i have no choice. This is not a fight you should join in. This is very dangerous and this is not you're problem. Please go back to you're village. Say hi to chief for me. Im hoping you have a goodlife... Zeld

Ps. Im sorry that i haven't told you untill this day. My real name is Demon Lord Zaldous... I hope you won't hate me. Forgive me for this long lie...

After reading the note, Rin's emotion were scrambled. She doesn't know if she were angry, sad, happy or what. Because of this confusion and emotional state she doesn't know what to do. She suddenly took all of her stuff and went on the opposite direction of Zaldous.

Meanwhile zaldous have been neering Liveria in a fast pace. He saved up many mana before going at Liveria. Its time for putting on his game face as they saw the gate opened. Like they were expected to come.

After entering the gate, they saw a huge castle bigger than any castle they saw. The gates also opened for them, so Zaldous assumed that he knew he was gonna arrive. The carriage stopped and Zaldous let his Cerberus wait there and told him not to come inside until he said so.

As he entered the castle he saw his brother with so many scars all over his arm and legs. He first greeted him...

"Its been umm i don't remember how many years but its been a longtime now Argus."

"Hmph, how pathetic you are forgetting. Well it doesn't matter anymore..."

"Why? Is it because im gonna die Argus?"

"No, because i don't have a grudge on you anymore. In this past few years, it is very boring. Its like im wasting my life seating on the throne being king..."

"Then why send those heros to me? You thought you can lie to me just like that? Im no fool!"

"The heroes wasn't my fault. I have no choice back then. Even i hated that method but they forced me to do that."

"Then just destroy the portals or just stop the heroes."

"I can't destroy the portals and the heroes before won't listen. And our people in the skies will quickly beheaded me if i were gonna do that. And it was you're fault to because you won't listen and just be king."

Upon hearing those words, Zaldous became so mad that he quenched his fist so hard that it bleeded.

"SHUT UP! YOU GUYS TOOK EVERYTHING AWAY FROM ME. MY HOME,HAPINESS AND MY RIGHTS TO LIVE!"

"Just forget everything from the past i don't have any grudge on you. And you can now roam free. We are the last bloodlines. Just hide or something."

"You made me suffer! And now you're asking me to abandon the past and hide until the heroes you can't even command kill me!?"

"Hey if you won't do that then i have no choice but to kill you"

"Heh. I've been wanted to kill you since the beginning."

"Bring it on!"

After the long argument of the two brother. They have begun to fight til they die.

Argus leaps from his throne with his sword to Zaldous with a strong strike. Zaldous block this attack making a strong shockwave around them. Both sword have been releasing sparks because of the strong friction. Zaldous pushed his sword back to gain distance between the two of them. He suddenly dash forward making Argus swing his sword but he knew that Zaldous was gonna feint the attack and teleport on his back. The fight was very intense because both of them were more faster than the speed of light. They have been fighting for almost 3 hours now. They both have been exhausted.

While they both were lying on the ground. Argus puts all of his strength throwing his sword clad with mana so it can be difficult to deflect. While the sword was neering on Zaldous. Memories of his regrets flashes before his eyes. He don't have the strength to dodge nor deflect using his sword.

But suddenly Rin dashed to Zaldous and block it for him. But since it was cladded with mana Rin can't deflect it. Rin's strength slowly weakens because of the impact. And the sword penetrates Rin's heart in front of Zaldous. Rin's last words to Zaldous was he loves him.

Because of this shock his Zaldous eyes bleed blood. Lips bleed because of him biting it. He quenched his hand more. And used an all out attack. Zaldous used [Void] a spell that sucks out enemy similar to a blackhole but this is more powerful. Argus got sucked out into nothingness because he was not near a ledge.

When the fight ended Zaldous quickly went to Rin. He screamed so hard until his throat can't take it anymore. He transfer all of his life energy to Rin without hesitation. When all of his life energy was gone Rin immediately waked up. They hugged each other saying that everything is ok now. But Zaldous suddenly fell and grunts. He told him that his gonna die soon. Because of the void the whole castle was falling apart. Zaldous was getting sucked to the void. Fortunately Zaldous threw Rin outside the castle and caught by his Cerberus. Zaldous final order was to bring her home. Zaldous last words for Rin was wait for him...

Rin listen to his dying love's request while crying... Zaldous died with no regrets seeing Rin safe and on his way to her home. His body got sucked out in the void on nothingness.

Hello thank you for reading. I hope you guys like it. Unfortunately there is one more chapter left on this story. Thank you very much for reading this until the end!

-TSOI