Chapter 8: Bad News

Morning has come and its time to go for more adventures that awaits Zaldous. The princesses gave them supplies as a token of their gratitude.

Zaldous was walking out of the castle and suddenly another hero shows up. This is not the first time that Zaldous experience this. His memories back then flashed before his eyes and laugh continuously.

The hero thinks that he was mocking him. He suddenly swing his sword at Zaldous while he let his guard down. But it failed because Rin used slip magic on the hero. He was captured with the help of rin and the hero was very dissapointed on himself and still act cheated.

Zaldous was very greatful at Rin for protecting him because if it was him who fought at the hero head on, the hero will more likely die in a second or two. Zaldous gave Rin a favor for her heroic acts for Zaldous. When Rin's heard that from Zaldous, her thoughts was clouded with love but she said that she will use it for the future.

After their lovely conversation finished the two of them plus his Cerberus beguns to interrogate the captured hero.

"Who sent you?"

"Who sent ME? do you think im dumb or something? You're the demon lord and im the hero, we're supposed to battle till death right?

"And how do you know my location?"

"We-well its just a whim. I guess thats you..."

"Youre lying to me aren't you? Just tell me who sent you and we're finished with our heads still intact to our bodies."

"Like hell i would believe your lies"

"Then if you don't mind me slicing you with my sword then?"

"Fi-fine then i will tell you so please keep that sword away from my head"

"Alright so start talking now"

"I was ssnt by the one who summon us our god ARGUS!"

"WHAT!? ARE YOU SERIOUS MY BROTHER IS STILL ALIVE!?"

"Yes im telling you the truth. We heroes saw him with our own two eyes. He told us stories of you and him fighting and showed us the wounds he got was all from you!"

"Impossible! I heard he was killed due to his powerful magic! He died embedding his magic in the portal!"

"And that is what you think? Did you actually saw his body?"

"Alright i believe you. So that is how you knew my location then?"

"Yeah that is true so now let me go"

"Alright I will let you go but i don't think this guards will"

"Yo-you how dare you let me go!"

Zaldous is clouded with thoughts because his brother was still alive. He don't know what to do. He think that while he is still alive and running the geroes will never stop killing innocent people because of him. He have decided. He will kill his own brother to protect the people near him.

Rin knew Zaldous situation and she will be with his side until the end. Zaldous wants to stop her but she won't listen. When they were on their way Zaldous said to himself that were is his brother... the both run back and ask the location but the hero won't tell them a thing after they lie. It took them 5 hours to get its location and it will take a while to get their. It's a long journey awaits their path. 100 km is the distance for them to reach. In the divine place of the gods and heroes, Lirevia.

They will need to stop at 3 kingdoms. The elven kingdom, dwarf kingdom and the demon kingdom were the demon lord Zaldous once stayed in. It will be a long journey but still with his companions they know that they will make it and defeat his brother Argus.

Hello and thanks for reading. Sorry for the long delay for this chapter. Chapter 9 might be published tommorow or not.

-TSOI