Origins

"Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. they live inside us, and sometimes they win."

Stephen king

Dick and Persephone were heading to the hospital

Dick and Persephone were heading to the hospital. Thankfully they knew which room it was and didn't have to ask. Persephone went straight through to comfort Hank. What she hadn't spotted was that Dick was having a flashback.

He was broken out of his memories by the arrival of Hank. He had let Persephone sit in the chair while he went to talk to Dick.

"I'm so sorry, if only I had fought a little harder, not been surprised or done something anything maybe you would have needed up like this. I'm so sorry," Persephone cried.

Persephone felt a hand on her shoulder and looked up. It was Hank. "It's not your fault," he told her, "none any of us could have done anything. We were caught unexpected and underprepared."

Persephone got out the chair for Hank just as Dick came in the door. "I have a lead. Persephone and I are going to follow it," He told them before walking back out.

Hank and Persephone had a hug before she left. They understood each other she needed to go with Dick to catch the people who did this will Hank needed, to stay with his girlfriend, in case anything happened.

Persephone caught up with Dick just as he was leaving the hospital. "Where are we going?" She asked him.

"a gas station not too far away."

"That's no matter. We will hopefully have enough time to talk about what the hell you thought you were doing," Persephone stated matter of factly as she got in the car.

They did as well. Dick told her what he was thinking and, she told him what an idiot he was. Most importantly, they made up. After that, they lapsed into content silence, with Dick remembering how he got his car and Persephone thinking about how to get Rachel back.

Before too long, they pulled in to a gas station bustling with police and firman. This Persephone found very odd. Dick quickly hopped out of the car and came round Persephone's side to open her door for her and help her out.

They then headed in the direction of the burnt stall with Dick flashing his badge at the local police so they wouldn't think that he was a curious reporter. No one questioned Persephone with the protective arm Dick had around her shoulders and the way that he glared at anybody who even remotely looked at her funny.

The only time Dick finally let her go was when they reached the office. Persephone stayed outside to work as a lookout while Dick went inside to get the security feed.

He was quickly done and came back out to Persephone. He wrapped his arm around her waist this time and walked her back to the car. Persephone hoped in the passenger seat and opened the glovebox. She then pulled out Dicks bat computer and passed it to him. He started rapidly clicking round till he could find her.