Together

"Everything you need is already inside of you." 

Elena Sonnino

Much to Dicks horror and attempted persuasion Persephone had left the group

Much to Dicks horror and attempted persuasion Persephone had left the group. When Dick had threatened to trade the Porscha for a minivan, Persephone had told him a minivan was a fantastic idea, but he wasn't getting rid of the Porscha. She had looked up Brucas database where the nearest safe house was, Chicago. So Persephone had left Dick to go to Chicago and drop the Porscha off.

When she got to Chicago, she pulled up to the towering condo and drove into the parking section. Getting out, she could see it had a sheer glass wall connecting it to the entryway where she could see an elevator. Thankfully, as Bruce promised, she could see one of his state of the art motorbike in one corner. Persephone smiled; bounding over to the motorbike, she looked over the shelf behind it to find the helmet over her name, which she grabbed and jumped onto the motorbike. She sent Dick a text to tell him that she was leaving and synced her phone to the helmet. Persephone revved the engine and set off back to her worried husband. She had sent Dick her live location when she set off to know where she was the whole way. This also meant that it was no great surprise when she got a text from Dick when she was 10 minutes from the awful Motel that they were staying at asking what pizza she wanted. She had laughed before sending them a text asking for her usual.

Now anybody could tell you how much Dicks face lit up when they heard the sound of a motorbike engine coming into the Motel. Before anybody could get a word in edgeways, Dick was already out the door and into the parking lot.

The others followed out after him in time to see Persephone swinging of a motorbike and being pulled into Dicks arms. Before he then dragged her back to the room that they had all been in previously looking over his shoulder, Dick had told Persephone, "I made sure that there was on pizza left for you" Persephone thanked him.

When they made it back up to the room that Dick and Persephone were going to be staying in, Persephone grabbed the unopened box of pizza and sat on the bed eating it."All right, guys, listen up." Dick told them from where he was standing at the front of the room, "We're all in one piece, more or less. We need to figure out where we stand and determine what's mission-critical."

""Mission-critical"?" Rachel said, laughing at Dicks habits.

"Is that a cop thing?" Gar asked, sounding confused, "sounds like a cop thing."

"I had some combat training when I was younger," Dick said, avoiding the question. Persephone just laughed. If what Bruce had put them through counted as 'some', she didn't want to know what full training was. Dick just gave her a look to tell her that she wasn't helping.

"And he's a cop." Rachel conspiringly whispered to Gar after Persephone had stopped chuckling at Dick.

"I'm sorry, you were referring to "we"?" Kory interjected from where she was leaning on the doorpost. "You and Persephone, yes. Me and you less so."