Golden

Hold it, focus, hoping

Take me back to the light

The moment Harry saw her peaking from behind her apartment door, he knew that he had made a wise choice in terms of arriving two days early to surprise her. Her jaw hit the floor and her eyes brimmed with tears of shock and relief, flinging the door open and jumping into his arms as soon as she had recovered from her initial fright. His whole time away from he'd was building his anticipation for this moment, the moment when he would finally know if he had been working for nothing or if this time away would heal them. The immediate look on her face said it all.

She wasn't so shocked to see him, more just relieved. Relieved that he was home, safe. Relieved that he still loved her. Holding him finally in her arms for the first time in two months was the feeling she had been chasing since he had to let her go at that airport. To breathe him in was all she needed for that high feeling to return, and finally she had her fix.

She pulled back from their tight embrace, the first in months so she could flicker her eyes across his face, noticing the new length in his hair, the exhaustion written in his eyes, the curl of his hair over depths of green.

Their light and lovesick chatter encompassed the living room as they told each other everything, reconnecting even after months of continuous contact. It didn't take long before the previous feeling of her slipping through his fingers swept from Harry's mind and he could finally relax in her presence. Truthfully, he had no idea how she would react to his return, either in complete awe of him once more or awkwardly welcoming, unsure of how to tread around each other. He was glad to find the former to be true, relieved just as she was.

Her stunning aura captured him once again as he opened himself to her, so open after not just two but many more months prior of closure, he blossomed like a flower for her, inviting her into himself like he used to do so easily. Harry couldn't help but imagine them to be "back on track", healing their relationship through time apart.

Harry had never been in such a serious relationship before, treading always to ensure he was doing everything with her just right. He wanted so badly to please her and keep her satisfied, however he loathed the fact he thought this way – thinking of her in such a primal way – as if she were a mate in the wild he was actively trying to please to ensure her affections. It was true for the most part, that he was continuously striving for her approval as he believed he should be. She remained oblivious however, since she had always believed him to be perfect. That was their issue, she had realised. He was perfect.

From the way his hair fell in his eyes, to the curve of his chest, to the way the golden sun made his honey skin radiate and shimmer. He was golden. She felt herself a mere silver against him, close but never on equal level or comparison. She was in moon in his sunlight. He shone on her as if her was trying to keep her alive.