10: Escape

**recap**

"Hmm okay but you didn't think it was Mercy right?", Peter asked raising an eyebrow

"Nahh you should probably go check on her and also good luck once again", The Doctor said with a sad smile and Peter just looked away worried

Holy shit what if Peter doesn't meet me outside???

Shit shit shit

**present**

I took a turn to left and headed towards Jace's room walking as fast as my legs could take me. I arrived at the door and entered carefully closing with one leg in first then the other and I managed to push myself in through the little opening as I didn't want to open the door too wide.

I walked towards his bed and I couldn't help but feel sad and think that it was all my fault, maybe if I didn't ask him to say it, things would have been better. I moved closer to his bed and I saw the machine reading, he was lying down lifelessly with his eyes closed void of all the happenings around him, his hand was numb and his body looks pale and all this while he kept an expressionless face. I reached out to touch him and comfort him and to make him feel alive but he remained motionless, I planted a kiss on his forehead making sure not to tamper with the two drips being passed into his vein. I feel so guilty right now......

"Mercy?!", Peter called out with worry evident in his tone. I looked at the direction the voice was coming from and I saw him at the entrance, a sigh of relief washing over him.

"I was worried sick about you when I didn't find you outside.... I thought those- wait have you been crying?", he asked raising an eyebrow.

"Have I?", I asked confused using my palm to wipe the tears away, I didn't even realise I have been crying.

"Don't worry about it, he will be out in a few days trust me", he said. I wanted to trust him but how can I believe what he is saying after all what I have heard today.

"I.. I just feel everything is my fault, you were right...some secrets are better left unknown, this past few hours has been the toughest of my life and I feel my life is taking a turn....I....i-"

"Mercy", Peter interrupted,"don't think that way, everything is gonna be okay", he said reassuringly.

"No nothing is gonna be okay", I stopped and look at Jace then at Peter before walking out the door but I stopped in my tracks and said something he would never have expected

"Also don't be late, you don't want that to happen", I am sure the look on Peter's face will be priceless but he needs to know that I deserve to know the truth....

**Peter's POV**

I was still with Jace when Mercy stopped walking and I wondered what happened but she said something I would have never expected.

"Also don't be late, you don't want that to happen", she said and I literally jumped up.

"Wh.... Wh..... What", I managed to speak out.

"Don't give me that reaction", she said and walked out.

Fuck..... Ughhhhhhh. I screamed in agony

******

I got to the point of meeting and everywhere was deserted. This was strange as it woupd always be crowded, my suspicions grew even more when I noticed some creepy movement at the passage in the hall. It was an old abandoned conference center located at the far end if the town with a rough graffiti on the front wall, a silver roof and a glass door...... The place where it all started...

"Well look who we have here", a familiar voice sounded right at the back of my ear.

"Don, been a while I heard that voice", I said and turned around only to be welcomed with a hard slap on my right cheek