5: Secret Lies At The Diner: Part two

Recap
"I wish I didn't follow her that day,maybe just maybe the story would have been different",I said wiping a tear away.

"It okay",Mercy said and patted my shoulder sitting beside me now.

"It is my fault,I was so stupid to think that she really loved me,I thought I had it all,I thought she agreed to us being......",i broke down completely at the thought of the last word.

"Being what",she asked as gently as she could.

"We agreed to remain..........

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

JACE POV

"We agreed to remain together for ever. I was so serious about it but she took it for granted,she told me she would always love me no matter what but it was all a lie "

"I really don't get this,this is all new to me and I am really confused right now like.....but you said you guys were-",

"Don't say it",I said cutting her short,"this was how it happened...."

Flashback

"Hey you forgot your purse.......girls",I said unrealistically. I ran after her to give her purse. Initially I thought she would be headed to the student lounge but she was going to the other side of the school, weird though but I still followed her. I was really curious as she said she hates going to that particular side...the boys closet so I wondered what she was going there for or perhaps it could be related to what was annoying her.

I kept on going making sure my footsteps were inaudible. Finally she stopped and entered a class then she closed the door, I gently leaned my ears against the door to eavesdrop.

PRESENT
"What did she say", Mercy asked curiosly.

"That was the biggest mistake of my life,I should have just left after hearing the first sentence but curiosity killed the cat and now that curiousness changed my life forever, it ruined me......."

FLASHBACK
I gently leaned my ear against the wall to eavesdrop and what I heard next broke me, it was the most shocking revelation of my entire life

"Hey babe",she said

"Hey sweetie, how are you",he replied her. Who could she be talking to? I peeped through the opening in the knob and saw.....

A lot of things going on in my mind, tons of question flowed through my mind and I couldn't get an answer to them. The next statement caught me offgaurd.

"Am good"

"I can see your face is very bright,so how is the plan going?"

"My face is more than bright and happy is an understatement. I was able to collect the money from him and maaan he is so foolish, he actually thought I loved him and that we would stay together forever, so stupid".

"And he was even dumb enough to introduce you to his parent as his 'fiancee'.........",they kept going on and on about how I have been fooled and this got the most out of me: