15: Awake

Recap

I remembered Doctor Campbell's instructions not to cry but say only sweet words to him so I quickly cleaned my face and put on a fake smile. Jace, I wish I you could see my smile, I thought.

"Jace I promise if you wake up, we  would do drama practice according to your style, just wake up please. I don't want to be the forgotten girl who lost her partner in the school drama", I begged desperately hoping he would open his eyes once.

Present

MERCY'S POV

I walked out of the ICU and met Phoebe outside waiting for me.

"Phoebe", I called out throwing out a hug to her. I needed that more than anything right now.

"Mercy are you okay?", She asked me wiping my tears away. To be honest, I wasn't okay infact I was far from okay. Everything that has happened in the last two days has been two much for me to handle, the whole Jace issue, Peter's case and my mum wanting us to move, It has been a lot.

"No I am not, and I am wondering if I will ever be", I said stuttering.

"No matter what it is, everything is going to be okay", she said in the calmest voice she could. I know deep down in her, she was breaking down and I couldn't help but wonder what Doctor Campbell had told her about Peter, but whatever it was, she still tried her best to hide away her own feelings and comfort me so I tried to lighten the mood

"Phoebe you know you don't have to be all strong for me", I muffled in her chest, "but it is cute to know you do care after all", I finished and she chuckled at that. We remained like that for a while before sitting on an empty seat in the hallway not far from the ICU.

"You know the doctor said it is going to take two months for Peter to fully recover from his fractured bones and injuries..... If not more", she said drawing the last part.

"Was it that bad?", I whispered almost inaudibly.

"Yes it is, and he said he might have to use a wheel chair for at least three weeks to help with his stomach and his joints", she said sadly.

"His stomach?", I asked confused.

"Yes he said Peter had a condition before this whole incident, but he didn't really explain in details, sounds like personal stuffs and I don't wanna dig into it to avoid another chain of events like this one so apparently he might have gotten kicked hard in his stomach which stirred up the whole thing and you know.....", She couldn't complete her statement but I understood far beyond what she had said.

"It is okay Phoebe, we are going to get though this", I said to her with a faint smile.

"We literally skipped a whole day of school today", she said laughing

"Yhh and the whole school must be in a total suspense after seeing me in that condition", I added.

"Not to mention Jace, they must be wondering if he got lost or something", she said and we both laughed.

"Good to see you both are in a good mood", Doctor Campbell said smiling with a wide smile..... I have not seen him smile like that before and this time his dimples were really obvious. Looks like there's some good news there.

"What's with the wide smile", I asked with hope.

"You should see for yourself", he said leading the way to Jace's ward. We got there and the first thing I noticed was the oxygen mask, it was gone.

Oh. My. God

I am literally screaming in my head

"Hold it in Mercy, this is a hospital", Phoebe whispered.

"I can't believe this, Jace!!", I said running towards him in joy

"You're awake, you really are, Lord I thank you. Oh my goodness I can't believe this", I said in excitement feeling his face all over. I tried not to get to clumsy and I handled him with care fearing that he might just fall back into the coma. I placed gentle kisses all over his face and I let out tears of joy. I have cried a lot in the last few days but so far, this has been the happiest.

"I missed you Jace. I love you", I said in tears.

"I.... I love y..you too", he managed to say, "I am s...so sorry-", he tried to apologize but I cut him off mid sentence.

"It is okay, I understand everything. We will get through this together", I said placing a kiss on his forehead.

"I don't mean to interrupt your reunion but he needs to rest right now so you can spend five more minutes with him then see me in my office, alright?", Doctor Campbell said and I nodded. After he left, I noticed Phoebe was gone but I was too busy with Jace waking up to even care(bad friend right? But what if it were you?)

****$$$****$$$****

I said goodbye to Jace when a nurse came in with a tray of drug and syringe. I excused them and went to look for Phoebe. I searched for a while before finding her in the main reception.

"Phoebe....", I called out to her.

"Hmm?", She answered wiping her tears off.

"What is the matter?", I asked concerned.

"Nothing", she replied coldly. Ouch

"Phoebe?"

"I said NOTHING", she said walking out of the hospital.

Okay so am not going to apologize for taking years to upload. I am just going to thank you for bearing with me. I love you guys so much ❤️❤️ you guys are like the best and I couldn't have come this far without your support. We are in chapter 16 guysss and we still have a long way to go so stay tuned. Yhhh we having a new recap style in the next chapters incase you're lost about what happened in the previous chapters. This is to make up for my late updates 🥺 I hope you guys like it😊

Lots of love ❤️🥺
Jumaemoji