Demetri

Not edited
Thank you so much for 94k! That's unreal!

    I heard Sam crying as she rocked back and forth In her seat. I rolled my eyes at her, she was the reason we were sitting here in the first place.

    I tapped my foot impatiently against the ground, I know it's a hospital but this is ridiculous.

   "Samantha!" I looked up as Sam's mom stormed into the waiting room. I looked over at Sam, she had her arms crossed tightly around her chest.

    As soon as the mother laid eyes on her daughter, she softened. "They broke his arm mom." She said in a hushed voice.

    Mrs. LaRusso ran to her daughter throwing her arms around her. Sam curled into her mom bawling. "What happened?" Mrs. LaRusso demanded looking at me.

     I proposed my head on my hands as I looked up at the woman. "Some kids from the Cobra Kai dojo, they went to a friends work. Sam told all of us to meet at the old laser tag place. One thing led to another and they got Demetri down. Sam watched as the dislocated his shoulder."

   I knew my words were harsh but I was angry. She's the one who wanted to go be a hero and my boyfriend paid the price.

   "That's not how it happened!" Sam yelled, standing up, clenching her hands into fists. "Oh yeah?" I challenged "them how did it go? I told you to leave it alone. That fighting will only make it worse."

  She sat down, retreated back into her moms arms. I felt water buildup in my eyes. But it didn't stop me "But you didn't listen. God you never listen!" I raised my voice as my anger grew.

    "Miguel is in a coma! Robby is in juvie! And now Demetri. And what have you done to help?" I stopped, knowing she's already blaming herself.

   I let out a sigh and relaxed "look sam, it's not all your fault. And I know you had good intentions. But know when to throw in the towel, and know when to walk away. 

  I walk off down the hall, I need some time to cool down. I stop at the vending machine and start putting in my money. A4

   I watched the swirls move as my candy bar gets close to falling, then stops. "Oh come on." I ground under my breath. I punch in the numbers again, then slam my hands against the glass.

   I rolled my eyes "I'm not in the mood today." I said hitting the glass. I growled, grabbing the tops of the vending machine and shaking it. Hoping my cookies and cream bar would fall.

   When it didn't I got even more frustrated and started rocking to machine. I guess I got carried away because before I know it the machine is falling forward. My eyes widen as I move out of the way.

   I throw my hands up, as if that would stop anything, when I hear the sound of glass breaking.

  I look around to make sure no one saw that, which lucky no one did. I made the decision I can't be seen here, so I jump over the machine and rush to Demetri's room.

  I knock on the closed door and wait for the doctor to open it. When he finally did, I rush to Demetri's side. "Baby," I said pulling him into a hug.

   He returned the hug with the his one uninjured hand. "Hey hey, it's okay." He tried reassuring me, he shirt became damp with my tears.

    "Okay Demetri, your good to go. You'll need to have that case on for six months. Come back then and I'll take it off for ya!" I peeled myself off him and look up at the doctor.

    I smiled at him, as we walk threw the door. "I'm so glade your okay." I finally said after walking in silent, he chuckled "oh your not going soft on me now are you?"

    I rolled my eyes but smile, resting my head on his shoulder. As we go to exit the hospital, we pass a bunch of nurses trying to set the vending machine up right.

   Demetri's eyebrows cocked up "wonder what crazy person did that." I laugh awkwardly "yeah, I wonder..." he stopped walking and looked at me "oh come on."