Prologue

Alright, everybody, let's do this one last time...

Yeah, I know... heard that one before, but bear with me, it's important, alright?

Everyone settled down and done eye-rolling?
Awesome.

(Sorry about the ping from this update, I just decided to make the suit he has at the start more simple, in that a high-schooler would be more likely to be able to make it

(Sorry about the ping from this update, I just decided to make the suit he has at the start more simple, in that a high-schooler would be more likely to be able to make it. The one I had here before will be his Civil War upgrade)

My name is Jason Jaeger, and for the past year and a half, I've been the one and only Crimson Spider. The media calls me Spider-Man, but I always found it a little dull. I'm also kinda partial to the name "Recluse"...

Got bit by a radioactive spider on a school field trip, and not too long after that, instead of dying from radiation sickness or a venom allergy like you'd maybe expect from coming into contact with something "radioactive" or "spider-like"... I got superpowers.

Who knew, right?

Anywho, I've done my best to try and do what I think is right, and what my mother and father could be proud of if they knew about my hero gig. And I'd think they would know what real, good-natured heroism is, given they're a nurse and firefighter, respectively.

On the other end of my civilian life, to keep me sane when I'm not catching bad guys and helping people, is my small circle of friends, who all mostly seem to be on board with I'm doing, even if they don't really know it's actually me who's "Spider-Man".

So, with all of that in mind, I'm gonna do what I can to protect the people of New York, as best I can.

Because I'm Spider-Man.

((A/N: Just as a heads up going forward, I'm kind of just coming up with stuff as I go for this one, so things might kinda just meander and take awhile to get somewhere, so I'm just asking for a little patience and understanding going forward. Cool? Cool.))