Relief

"Auntie, I'm here." Mob entered the cafe with a shy smile. Usually, Hotaru was there to greet him, but for some reason, he did not spot her at the counter. "Is Taru not here today?"

"It's good to see you again, Hope!" Hotaru's aunt smiled at him in a warm and welcoming manner. "Taru's resting right now, but she'll be up in an hour. If you want to wait for her, you are welcome to stay, but you can also go if you want since an hour is a long time."

"I..." Mob then sat down at the seat near the counter. "I think I'll wait for her." His shy smile turned a bit brighter and warmer than before.

"Then I'll give you some cookies for you to snack on." Her aunt threw him a thumbs up as she went to the back of the cafe to retrieve some cookies for him.

"Thank you, auntie." He then glanced at the door, wondering when Hotaru was going to wake up.

After an hour passed, a sleepy Hotaru opened the door. For a good minute, she did not notice Mob at all, but after that, she recognized him at the counter and smiled a sleepy one to him. "Hope, you're here...!" She grabbed the teacups from the shelf. "So what tea do you want to try today?"

"You can choose for me since I like whatever you choose, Taru." Mob's expression seemed to be lighter than before.

Hotaru's cheeks flushed a little and she smiled softly at him, but in the next second, she burst out into laughter. "What if I give you the worst tasting tea again?!"

Mob grimaced a bit. "That would be troubling if that happens...again."

She patted him on the shoulder. "Well, you have nothing to worry about since I don't want you to drink disgusting tea ever again."

He smiled in relief after hearing that from her.