"Untie"

The symphony of the wind had been my melody since I had woken up, secretly, from my warm bed. Tip toe I went as I graced the garden, the garden that had become my friend whenever I needed a friend besides Anna. The cool morning breeze where the reason for my Goosebumps while the calm sound of water engulfed my ears like a tsunami but nonetheless, everything was just as perfect as it should be. The peeking sun had only started to appear and that made me realise that I didn’t have much time to complete my task and the distraction of nature wasn’t helping me with the task at hand. Curiosity might have killed a cat but in my case, it saved a human. A few days ago I had stumbled upon a mystery, the kind of mystery that would make me seem like I didn’t care much for Angie but it also made me realise that she had been keeping a secret so I conspired with my mother. With only a few days left, I had to ensure that I would give her the best birthday celebration she could ever have and thanks to the help of my romantic mother, everything was starting to fall into place. I started the preparations the night before and when midnight drove into the world like a maniac, I woke up to complete a few things while I hoped that Angie wouldn’t wake up to find me conspiring for her happiness.
Anna had involved herself by offering to bake the cake, she had asked me what Angie liked and when I told her she was more excited than ever so here I was waiting for her to bring the cake before Angie wakes up. A call pulled me from my restraint, worry, and as soon as I saw the name, Anna, appear on the screen, I knew that everything was finally complete.

“I’m outside fool” Anna said as soon as I answered the phone

“Okay stay there, I am coming” I said as I gently moved towards the other side of the house.

“Hurry” she annoyingly said

“I am right there, just give me a second”

“1...” I heard her say and in that moment her car became the only view I cared about.

“I told you to wait at the gate” Anna scolded as soon as I reached her black car.

“I know but I had to ensure that everything is perfect for my person” I said while opening the door.

“Of course you were” she chuckled. Anna had used a grey box to cover the cake that was accompanied by a happy birthday card from Anna.

“Thank, you are amazing but also, I am scared to open it” I smirked

“Do not fret, I know I can be a little bit compulsive but I respect both you and Angie” she smiled “please be careful with that and tell Angie I will stop by later” Anna continued.

“Sure but make sure you knock first” I joked

“I will because I really don’t want to see you guys doing it, my virgin eyes would pop out” she laughed

“Please, you’ve seen worse”

“Nope” she giggled and then turned her car keys

“Alright and Thank you again” I said gratefully
“It is the least I can do for my favourite couple” she said lastly and drove off.

Everything had been perfectly placed and all that was missing was Angie, she would normally wake up at seven to make breakfast and freshen up but somehow today she was late. She had a couple of drinks last night which made her sleep through the night but it wasn’t my intention to make her late to her surprise birthday breakfast.

“Jane!” I heard her yell but I kept quiet.

“Babe!” she said annoyingly

“I’m outside!” I said loudly. I waited for her to find while my whole body stood still in fear. I hadn’t thought about the fact that perhaps Angie didn’t like surprises.