Chapter 28

Raine's Pov

Holy shit Axel just kissed me, like kissed me, kissed me and this time it felt like he meant it and it feels like from here there is no going back. I pull away from him and smile shyly.

"Hi."  He says and I blush.

"Hi." I say back and he chuckles.

"You look beautiful today by the way." He tells me caressing my cheek.

"Thank you." I tell him and he smiles and reaches for something is his pocket.

"Help me put it on." He says and I look at him confused then stare at his hands.It was the bracelet I got him on his birthday . No way." I wanted to give it back, because I was pissed at you."  He says .

I pull out something from my purse and I smile." What are the odds?" I say and he glances at the necklace he gave me on my birthday that I just brought out." I was going to give it back to you. It felt wrong keeping it because I don't deserve you." I say staring into his grey eyes and he frowns.

"I was going to say I guess we both have something in common but I take that back. You're too nice for your own good. I was a dick to you and you repeatedly forgave me. Why?" He says looking at me with a sad look in his eyes.

I look around at the empty hallway we had been standing in and I sigh." I guess there was always a part of me that wasn't ready to let you go. " I say and he smiles.

"You're amazing." He says and kisses my forehead.

"I try." I say proudly sticking my tongue out at him.

"I forgot there was a party going on" Axel mutters wrapping an arm around my waist and I nod.

"What do you wanna do?" I ask him and he pulls me up the stairs and I follow him like a lost puppy till we reach the attic/game room.

"I just need to getaway from everything right now." He says and I nod looking around. He takes a seat on the couch and pull me down unto him.

I have a feeling who that lady was , but I want to know, Axel will probably kill me but I decide to ask anyway.

"Axel who was that lady?" I ask and I feel him tense up.

"Just some lady my dad is doing business with." He says and I know he is lying to me and it hurts me because he is lying right through his teeth when we both know who it is. I nod and slide off his lap . He gives me a concerned look." What's wrong?" He asks.

"Nothing, I am just tired." I lie and look him straight in the eye.

"Raine, you know you're not a good liar." He smirks.

"Neither are you yet you lie to me any chance you get knowing I can see right through your lies." I snap.

He groans and runs his finger through his hair in frustration." Fuck, Raine!" He yells and I flinch."We were doing fine and you had to ruin it by being nosy, once again!" He snaps and I feel myself getting angrier by the second.

"You don't get to be angry!" I yell.

"Oh yeah? Watch me." he snaps and turns to leave and I grab his arm.

"You can't always run away from all your problems." I tell him and he refuses to look back at me and I take a deep breathe calming myself down." Do you know why I refused tell you how I feel?" I ask and he stays silent." I don't trust you , I-

"If you don't trust me then why the fuck am I trying?" He yells and I roll my eyes.

"Let me finish." I tell him." I don't trust your mood swings. I'm scared Axel." I say and he turns to look at me." I am scared that one day we will fight and you'll decide I am not worth your time anymore." I say whispering the last part.